Construct2 v190 release - causes CRASH in iOS/Chrome

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • Problem Description

____ A concise description of your problem here ____

Whenever I run a Construct2 game that has been built using the new v190 release (either by preview or by export), it crashes in Chrome on iOS (tested on an ipad).

Any Construct2 game will crash so long as it includes a MULTIPLAYER OBJECT. (No crash, if MP not included).

The crash gives this message:

TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating self.mp["removeObjectId"]') Multiplayer_plugin.js line 310 (col undefined)

And YES, I know that multiplayer does not work on iOS because of webRTC. But, this CRASH should not happen. In prior versions of Construct2, it did not happen when running the exact same code.

As it stands now, you CRASH before you can even detect if the browser supports webRTC or not. Thus, if a user tries to run it on Chrome for iOS, they'll never get a message to use a different browser to make multiplayer work.

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

Take ANY Capx file (for example, the SPACEBLASTER demo) and drop in a MULTIPLAYER OBJECT.

When I do this, and try to preview on an iPAD running Chrome (v 39.2171.50), I get the ERROR MESSAGE and CRASH. This happens with any Capx that has a mutliplayer object.

Description of Capx

____ Concise description of what this CapX does ____

DISPLAYS ERROR MESSAGE: TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating self.mp["removeObjectId"]') Multiplayer_plugin.js line 310 (col undefined)

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1: Export or Preview any program that has a MULTIPLAYER OBJECT with the latest Construct2
    • Step 2: Run it on a PC or iMAC or Android and it will work fine.
    • Step 3: Run it on an iPad in Chrome, and you get the error and crash. (Or at least, I do).

Observed Result

____ What happens? ____

Expected Result

____ What do you expect to happen? ____

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO) YES
    • FireFox: (YES/NO) NOT TESTED
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO) NOT TESTED

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Your operating system and service pack ____

i0S

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • same here.

The bug happens while "destroy an object" with multiplayer used, cannot run on IOS, Chrome or Safari

• Should be fixed in the next build.

• Fixed in R191, thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)