____ A concise description of your problem here ____
There has been a horrible glitch in construct 2 for a while now. Every project I start get's it's Capx file corrupted at one point or another and all the sprites' image files are lost when I save. At first I thought it was because I was pressing CTRL + S to save multiple times quickly, but I've stopped doing that and this still happens. I get an error message for every sprite in the game that says "Failed to load texture" and after I click "OK" on all of them I get a message that says "Project missing files". When I click "OK" on that, I get to Construct 2 and all the sprite objects are there, but their images are not. This has happened on 3 different computers, one running Windows 7, one running Widows 8.1 and one running Windows 10. This happens on EVERY Capx I make sooner or later, and is REALLY annoying.
Attach a Capx
____ Upload a Capx to this post ____
The download buttin is at the top of the page
Description of Capx
____ Concise description of what this CapX does ____
The bug occurs when the file is opened, and is unaffected by the events/what the game does. This game mostly used third party plug-ins, so I had to remove them and their events for people who don't have the plug-ins.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Step 1: Open the Capx file with Construct 2
- Step 2: A "Failed to load texture" error message will pop up. Read it, and Click "OK"
- Step 3 The "Failed to load texture" error message will pop up once again for each sprite object in the game. Keep clicking "OK"
- Step 4: After the "Failed to load texture" error messages, there will be a "Project missing files" Error message. Read that and click "OK".
- Step 5: Go the the project bar (They might not appear in the object bar; They didn't for me) and double-click the sprite objects "barThing", "Emblem", "NetNavi" and "RETURN". You will see that their animations have no images, even though they used to before the bug happened.
____ What happens? ____
I get error messages when opening the Capx file and the sprite objects' images don't show up.
____ What do you expect to happen? ____
The sprite objects' images to show up and no error messages.
THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH THE EDITOR
- Chrome: NO
- FireFox: NO
- Internet Explorer: NO
Operating System and Service Pack
____ Your operating system and service pack ____
Windows 10 Pro
Construct 2 Version ID
____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____
Stable release r216