Collission detection seems to fail at y-2400.

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Detects any kind of ad blocker. Very easy implementation into already existing projects
  • Problem Description

In this game, I need a layout of 5000x5000. The layout is filled with sprites, called 'Rock', with a size of 50x50 and distributed across the whole layout.

The sprite pop can walk arround and destroy the 'Rock's after an offset detection.

Now all goes well for most Rocks, but the Rocks on layout Y position = 2400, the collissiondetection failes.

After that specific row of rocks it will continue. So it looks like somewhere between 2400 en 2500 the detection goes wrong. The example included is a rebuild of my game, as per instructions to focus on the problem en reproduce it as pure as possible. I hope I did it ok.

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

Description of Capx

In addition to above, there is 1 layout and 1 event sheet. The idea is that the sprite Pop, can walk around the rocks and destroys them when it hits it.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Run the game/layout
    • Go does with the down key with the sprite Pop. The rocks will destroyed when hit.
    • When you reach y> 2350, you will see some white blocks, which are actually empty spaces. At the level of y= 2399 the Rocks below will not be destroyed. But you can move to an empty space (white rock) to fall one level of rocks below, and you'll see that it continues to work. That why I believe its specifically that coordination, since before and after this area, it works well.

Observed Result

____ What happens? ____

The sprite failes to move further as collision detection seems to fail.

Expected Result

____ What do you expect to happen? ____

I hope, I've did something wrong, then reporting a bug in this super tool

Hopefully, you can tell me what I did wrong or should consider or maybe when indeed an error fix it for me?

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • Internet Explorer: YES Operating System and Service Pack ____ Your operating system and service pack ____ Windows 8.1 Construct 2 Version ID ____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____ 190 (64bit)
  • Just previewed your capx in chrome and I get the same error.

It does seem like a bug.

• Closing as works for me in r193. We fixed an issue with 'Is overlapping at offset' in the recent betas so I guess this is probably the same issue. As per the bug report guidelines please only test with the latest release.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks Ashley!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)