Collision Detection Doesn't Work

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Detects any kind of ad blocker. Very easy implementation into already existing projects
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

c2.xhelos.com/invasion_nocollision.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Press spacebar to shot the laser

Observed result:

The laser just pass the floor

Expected result:

The laser should explode in collision with the floor

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Firefox: yes

Internet Explorer: yes

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 SP1

Construct 2 version:

Construct2 r139

• There is no bug, that I can see. You should really take the time to look at the manual and tutorials, and load the templates that come with C2. They are a great source of learning material.

The first problem is that your Layout uses the 'Control del Ovni' Event sheet, but the event sheet that handles collisions isn't even included. Press Right mouse and select 'Include Event Sheet'.

Secondly, The collisions sprite box 'Wall' just needs to be extended along the floor and collisions happen as expected, or change the collision event sheet to check for collisions with the FloorBackground object.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You're using two sheets of active single event and control the UFO movement and no collisions. Put all events on a sheet or sheet adds collision events to the motion.

• Closing as not a bug. The event sheet with the collision events is not included on the layout's event sheet.

• Wow, well that's seems to be the Problem, I didnt add the Event Sheet on my layer, well seems a lil noob here hehe.

Thanks for taking the time answering me!. Well if anyone was having this problem, here's a link to include more event sheet to a layer: scirra.com/manual/82/includes

I really appreciate you answers, and yes it's wasnt a bug after all!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)