0 Favourites

Can no longer open project after upgrading to r180

• Problem Description

I tried upgrading to the r180 beta and got this message when I tried to open a project I've had in r178: "The project you are opening uses a newer version of Text box 1.1 (installed plugin is version" After I press okay to load it anyway, I got a "Cannot find condition by ID" error, so it won't open. I tried downgrading to r178, but the error is still here. I have the advanced textbox plugin installed, so I'm not sure if that's a culprit or not. Any ideas? My project is currently in .caproj form.

Attach a Capx

I can't upload a Capx because I can't open my project

Description of Capx

It's a drawing game that utilizes textboxes for user input

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Not quite sure, but probably something like this?

• Install advanced textbox plugin on r178 and create a project using the On Focus Gained condition
    • Upgrade to r180

Observed Result

Will not open due to downgraded Textbox plugin

Expected Result

The project opens

Affected Browsers

N/A

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 64 bit

Construct 2 Version ID

r178/r180

• Closing, we cannot support third party plugins. This error is caused by the "advanced textbox plugin".

• If anyone else is having this problem, it was due to me downloading a replacement for the standard textbox. Each new installation will wipe out any customizations to the standard plugins with Construct 2 (rightfully so) and that makes conflicts like this happen. After switching over to advanced textbox instead of a hacked textbox, everything works now

• gizmodude4 - where did you get this plugin exactly? If it uses the same ID as the official textbox plugin I want to make sure it's de-listed from the forum, since that's a terrible idea and is just going to cause horrible compatibility problems for whoever uses it. The plugin author *must* use a different plugin ID.

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I found it here:

I probably should have known better than to download a two year old plugin

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)