Can't jump while going to the left with F key.

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Random Maze Generator with Door & Key System - tutorial capx
  • This is a nasty bug with the platform object or keyboard object i found while doing some test with my game. I dunno why it do this (or i missed something?) and i have been able to reproduce it. At first i though i was crazy.. but it seem to be related to the "F" key.. i tried with the other keys but doesn't seem to be reproduced.

Then i tried setting the jump key to something else.. lets say the X key. I found out that if the key that i am holding is "F" the same behaviour will happen.. can't jump while heading left.

But the strange thing is that i tried setting it to H. The behaviour act as normal.. and the player can jump even if i am holding the F key.

So there something that seem to be related to the F key.

Link to .capx file (required! If link is blocked remove the http and www parts):

mediafire.com/download/3kb2asfll6ot4qk/PlatformMovementBug.capx

Steps to reproduce:

So far, this can be reproduced using the F key set as JUMP. The bug happen when your walking left while your holding any other key (at least it do it with key near F such D) and then using F as the JUMP key.

1. Hold D key then move toward right (Don't stop moving) and press jump key "F". It work fine.. as expected.

2. Now, hold any key D key as you did in step 1 and then move toward left this time (Don't stop moving) and press jump key. It doesn't work.

Observed result:

The player doesn't jump when the player is moving to the left with a key being hold and then using the jump key "F" but this work if he moving to the right.

Expected result:

The player should jump while going at right or left no matter the direction he is using with the key "F" set as jump.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: Yes same thing happen.

Firefox: Can't test, didn't installed it.

Internet Explorer: Yes same thing happen.

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 64 Bits

Construct 2 version:

r158.2

Thanks a lots!

• Tried with is down event + triggered once isntead of on pressed and it still do the same thing except this time there is a delay of 2 seconds before he jump when he running left and no delay when he running right. Strange.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing as not a bug. Most keyboards cannot reliably detect three simultaneous key presses. This is a hardware limitation and is nothing to do with Construct 2 or HTML5.

• You seem right.. anyway i tried on another keyboard and it worked. Probably a "ghosting" problem we often see around. For anyone interested..

microsoft.com/appliedsciences/antighostingexplained.mspx

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)