c2runtime_min.js error if minify script is checked

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59703498/test.capx

I'm not able to export my project if "Minify script" is checked. After choosing platform to export (e.g CocoonJS), export options, and exporting project dialog, another dialog appears.

It appeared after i reinstalled Windows. Everything was ok before that.

This dialog does not appear with my project only. If i choose Construct templates etc. it still happens. That's why i added template capx.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open project.

2. Choose platform (doesn't matter which one, none of them works).

3. Check "Minify script" --> Export.

Observed result:

If export is finished, dialog appears. Exported folder is empty.

Dialog:

HTML5 exporter

Error during export: Cannot open file

C:Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\c2-11S1RN\c2runtime_min.js

Expected result:

Successful export.

Browsers affected:browsers are not issue of this bug

Chrome: no

Firefox: no

Internet Explorer: no

Running in layot works perfectly.

Operating system & service pack:

Windows Vista Home Premium

Service Pack 2

Latest updates are installed

Graphics driver is up to date (Geforce 8600M)

Latest .NET framework is installed

Latest Java is installed

Construct 2 version:

Release 146 (32-bit)

• Can't reproduce, works fine here. Make sure you have Java installed, since the minifier requires it, and if you reinstalled Windows then you won't have Java installed by default.

• I have 100% sure that i've installed Java.

Java site check: "You have the recommended Java installed (Version 7 Update 45)."

And yes, i believe that You can't reproduce this problem. Otherwise it had been already reported. It's one of those "it doesn't work, and i have no idea why" problems/bugs.

At least i'm able to export without minifying project, i'll try on someone else's computer.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Did you ever figure out the issue? I have the same issue after moving to a new machine. Java installed updata 45 yada yada

• SOLUTION!

Found a random forum about unrelated Java bugs, and decided to see if I have the same version. Upon opening CMD and typing in the command "java -version", it reports back with a similar worded error: "Error: could not open `C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg'" Boom. It is a problem with java. Now keep in mind, this is even after having updated Java to the most recent version (version 7 update 67).

Decided to take another look at the Java files on my drive... noticed something out of place.

The Solution for me: Delete the JRE folder in WINDOWS; it doesn't belong. C:\WINDOWS\jre

Very strange, but it works likes a charm. Minify Script now works, as does java -version command in CMD.

Hope this helps you guys out!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)