[C2FAIL SOLVED]Cannot start new project or open existing one

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • What do you mean by "I switched it ton run on Intel graphics"? I have been running on my config since very long, on SLI, never had a problem.

I tried reinstalling C2 old version, no success, same... So something is messing with it, but what?

I have a laptop with dual graphics and I can run programs on either one easily. I made C2 use Intel HD graphics and it doesn't crash. Using Nvidia seems to crash C2 however, even with new blank projects (had the same problems as you).

Of course I don't know how dual GPU/multi-monitor desktop systems like yours are set up.

• So does this issue still happen with r239 if you install it now, whereas it previously worked? If so it's likely the driver or OS and not C2 itself.

Ashley ..... You guys are really incredible..... You'd do anything to cover your bugs right? You will never admit that it's C2's fault? I have found a topic on Steam where someone has the same problem, and you gently make him understand that it is his fault, his graphic drivers problem and not at all yours.....

I have found the issue, and it's C2's fault...... You want a hint at the issue? I stated in my last message that I was dev'ing in php for a company... Webservers..... If you have certain web services running before you start C2, like, Wamp, or others, C2 would most likely fail starting on my computer. You know why I didn't have that problem before? Because I did not have any webservers constantly running for quite long (remember, php for a company), as my last big PHP project is way back 2 years ago. I have put emphasis on my computer, because yeah, might work for you if your webservers just use raw ports. But instead of just blaming us or others, helping out in solving the problems would be what pros do.

You know what softwares, like real softwares do to cover those cases? Stacktraces, log files, debug mode... Would you have one, you'd stop just pushing people back and start helping them. It was clearly hanging on load of the files, as you can see on my screenshots. Where can you say it's my fault? Is C2 magical and doesn't use any local file? Cannot one be corrupted and crash the load? Doesn't it start an internal webserver? Doesn't it use system resources? Stop blaming us only for things that can be your bugs as well. Why did I ask you where you guys hide files? Because I wanted to delete them in case any of them were corrupted, but you didn't answer, just... no answer.... The only answer I got was you blaming my drivers/os were I clearly state that nothing changed on my side from the working point to the non working point

Adios Scirra, but with such an attitude, I just cannot stay any longer. A good company would have taken it seriously and helped understand, rather than saying it's the user's fault, as it's always done here

//close

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Psychokiller1888, make a bug report.

And please study this: http://sydney.edu.au/stuserv/learning_c ... View.shtml

Isn't this a bug report? The very first topic??

Do you want me to teach you french, or german maybe?

I don't understand the relevance of your post, especially the link.

Please explain or remove.

• > Psychokiller1888, make a bug report.

>

> And please study this: http://sydney.edu.au/stuserv/learning_c ... View.shtml

>

I don't understand the relevance of your post, especially the link.

Please explain or remove.

I made a mistake about the bug reporting process. I thought it had to be reported on GitHub.

And about the link: if Psychokiller1888 writes in a less angry and more neutral (with tips from the linked website) way, it is easier for me to read.

• You think that is angry? You would be chocked if I had told my mind really, but one of my team mate told to stay objective, so I did. I'm sick of the "let's blame your computer, your drivers, other companies, your internet, your browser for C3! etc etc" typical answer rather than trying to solve the problems, it's so unprofessional and so poor towards people that paid for your software. I wouldn't even do that to free licenses.

• Read this:

https://www.scirra.com/blog/84/driver-p ... ard-vendor

https://www.scirra.com/blog/69/graphics ... ngineering

It's always most likely about the drivers. Or maybe how the hardware is setup. I mean Nvidia optimus systems (like mine) are setup like this (trying to use Nvidia's GPU crashes):

• > So does this issue still happen with r239 if you install it now, whereas it previously worked? If so it's likely the driver or OS and not C2 itself.

>

Ashley ..... You guys are really incredible..... You'd do anything to cover your bugs right? You will never admit that it's C2's fault? I have found a topic on Steam where someone has the same problem, and you gently make him understand that it is his fault, his graphic drivers problem and not at all yours.....

I have found the issue, and it's C2's fault...... You want a hint at the issue? I stated in my last message that I was dev'ing in php for a company... Webservers..... If you have certain web services running before you start C2, like, Wamp, or others, C2 would most likely fail starting on my computer. You know why I didn't have that problem before? Because I did not have any webservers constantly running for quite long (remember, php for a company), as my last big PHP project is way back 2 years ago. I have put emphasis on my computer, because yeah, might work for you if your webservers just use raw ports. But instead of just blaming us or others, helping out in solving the problems would be what pros do.

You know what softwares, like real softwares do to cover those cases? Stacktraces, log files, debug mode... Would you have one, you'd stop just pushing people back and start helping them. It was clearly hanging on load of the files, as you can see on my screenshots. Where can you say it's my fault? Is C2 magical and doesn't use any local file? Cannot one be corrupted and crash the load? Doesn't it start an internal webserver? Doesn't it use system resources? Stop blaming us only for things that can be your bugs as well. Why did I ask you where you guys hide files? Because I wanted to delete them in case any of them were corrupted, but you didn't answer, just... no answer.... The only answer I got was you blaming my drivers/os were I clearly state that nothing changed on my side from the working point to the non working point

Adios Scirra, but with such an attitude, I just cannot stay any longer. A good company would have taken it seriously and helped understand, rather than saying it's the user's fault, as it's always done here

//close

• Psychokiller1888, hummm! your just giving the dev(Ashley) a hard time when he is the only one who can and does get these things sorted, all he said was "it's likely the driver or OS and not C2 itself" and guess what, I think he's right.

Im running NVidia 381.65 which I done a Win 10 Creator upgrade on top of and my C2 started acting up with projects, so I uninstalled nvidia driver, rebooted, and C2 worked fine, when I reinstalled the driver and problem returned, so im gona update driver and update the post.

Update: "Working perfect with the new driver".

Psychokiller1888, make sure you do a restart after uninstalling your driver, hopefully this helps you, and go buy yourself a few pints, it is the weekend after all and work can fuzrv@x us up at times.

Regards

• Incredible, even though I give what solved my problem, people still say that it is not what solved it but make it a driver default.... Did you read my message and the quote of my message?

• Psychokiller1888, Incredible is right, the idea of the forum is to share all solutions not just yours, to be honest with you I didn't read all your posts fully, because I found your approach to your problem was very childlike and angry. You of all ppl should appreciate as an experienced programmer that sometimes softwares have issues with each other and 90% of the time it falls back to OS and drivers.

I genuinely thought you were a little stressed and I was helping with my post, and "Ok" you gave your solution, fair enough, but in my case if I revert back my graphics driver Construct 2 has issues, so maybe that can help someone else with the same issue as me who doesnt have web services as the problem.

Peace, you really need to take a chill pill

• Dude, the approach to the problem stated that I did not update my OS, I did not update my drivers, and C2 stopped working (and no, auto update is turned off here, only auto download). I made more than the normal, by entirely removing C2 and tracking down the remaining files / registry keys. Based on those declarations, it's a non sense to declare my drivers / OS being faulty. I'm tired of getting that answer for any problem posted here. Even if you can clearly show and test and demonstrate your drivers aren't at fault, you gonna get a "It's your graph drivers because I cannot repro here". I was looking for a solution. Of course it's my "OS" that is faulty, more likely a corrupted file somewhere, something that changes everytime you open/close C2. But no, "it's your drivers/os"......

What I said is true, a stacktrace would be more than welcome, but they never went that way. Far better to provide a .capx file, even if you can't open C2... I have the same problem since years, and I updated my computer maybe 5 or 6 times, meaning, entire new build, but I still get the "Driver's fault" blabla instead of trying to solve the problem. C2 is the one that does need to adapt, it's non sense to call out google to tell them their ads aren't working on your website layout, you adapt to them. C2 isn't defining the standards, nVidia does. Seen the bug reports for Construct 3? How many were just closed with the excuse: It's not our fault, but Chromium's??

I also clearly stated that I tried 3 different graphic drivers, because I'm not stubborn and can also test before making my point.

I might sound childlike to you, good, I accept, but that's all because of being tired of the same old excuse. You have a problem on C2? Google it, you most likely find it, closed or still pending with a "Hmmm, that's your driver's fault, or your OS"

90% of the bugs aren't related to the OS/drivers in app dev. Usually you get a stacktrace putting your OS at fault, but I'm not calling Microsoft in 90% of the cases telling them to push an update because my Java app doesn't work. Usually, I fix my Java app based on what went wrong with the OS. Then yes, there are some cases, where an update did kill, per exemple, my network relations and I can't access my local servers (Creator's Update pre release had a network problem). That's why insiders do test the releases and that's where we bug report. Unity makes me a weird bug. Text and dropdown lists are impossible to read, the texts are blurry, different element superposed. I went there, asked them. They said, hmmm, that looks like a driver's fault, or something else, let us try, please provide a log file of your OS. So I did, and they found it out... It wasn't a drivers issue, but my Asus Maximus VIII Hero sound management software that is messing up with Unity. They tried and searched and we found out why. Same here, I found out why, most likely Wamp was messing up with C2 port 5000 on start. But the only answer I got is "It's most likely your drivers"

Yes, I'm peacefull, not even angry and I did not mean to be rude to you either.

• I can empathize with what you are saying as I work in the trade myself, its full of deadlines where you need things to work and not fux up on you in the middle of work but i've also been at the recieving end a lot of times where one little windows (forced)autoupdate or a new driver can cost days of head scratching and angry phone calls and I can relate to that.

My first thought is always "could this be an autoupdate issue", but yes I totally agree a stacktrace analysis is the correct way to continue after your initial conversation & checks proves fruitless.

Ive personally seen it, a lot of smaller companys dont have the manpower to spend much time with each customer seperately and will take the "blame the other guy first mentality" not personal, but not knowing their skill level and will have them go through what can sometimes seem unhelpfull and patronising to some, before putting resources into a solution, I think the guys at Scirra were just following a similar approach.

Best of luck with your projects.

btw I didnt think you were rude, just sounded like you were shouting a bit, lol.

• > So does this issue still happen with r239 if you install it now, whereas it previously worked? If so it's likely the driver or OS and not C2 itself.

>

This kind of feedback is totally unhelpful has no place in a bug report. I asked that question as part of my routine approach to fixing bugs. I asked a simple question to try to identify exactly what is happening with which C2 versions, and I still don't know what the answer is, so I still can't consider this bug report any further until such information is clear. As usual I also speculate on possible causes to help inform people of my thoughts and give them pointers in case they want to keep looking in to the issue further. I did not directly blame drivers, I only said likely, because until the issue is actually properly diagnosed, we don't know. At this point even saying "likely" is simply a guess, and I am frequently wrong, but bug reports lacking information often force me to guess.

If my approach to diagnose a bug simply ends with ranting, then I don't see any reason why I should try to help you any further.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)