C2 Upload to Amazon Store Broken!!

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
You can upload screenshots and photos to your server very easily.
  • Problem Description

C2 Upload to Amazon Store Broken!

Attach a Capx

Use any .capx, export to Amazon, Zip it, Try to Upload to Amazon, Save, it comes up with an error.

Description of Capx

"Failed to validate launch path. The launch path specifies the starting point of the app that is local to the zip file."

Both the .CapX and the uploader were set to their default configurations of 'index.html', but didn't work.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Export any C2 file using Amazon Export.
    • Zip Exported Folder
    • Upload to Amazon AppStore and click Save at the bottom. Comes up with error: " Failed to validate launch path. The launch path specifies the starting point of the app that is local to the zip file. "

Observed Result

error message as described -

Expected Result

To get my app in the store as it is an extremely time sensitive project, and now it may not get in in time.... ( Costing me over $100 for being late!!:(

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

w 7

Construct 2 Version ID

r211

• Can't reproduce - I exported Space Blaster as an Amazon packaged app, zipped the result, uploaded it and the Amazon developer section accepted it after clicking "Save". The launch path defaults to /index.html, which is one of the files C2 exports. Perhaps you accidentally zipped the folder instead of the files.

• I think you're right.. what silly/costly mistake I made.... :/

• Is this solved? Only tutorial I can find about "publishing on amazon store" is 2 years old. Is there any new tutorial, i would like a link

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • piszozo

If you read the posts above yours, you will see that it was user error.

• piszozo

If you read the posts above yours, you will see that it was user error.

If you read my post, you will see that I am asking it in general that I am in need of a new tutorial

• piszozo

Still haven't been able to upload it successfully, tutorial is outdated for sure

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)