Bug with Physics and timescale

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

When smooth change timescale for physical objects do not always stop the calculation. Strength accumulates and after installation timescale 1 once all work.

Attach a Capx

drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Nr9qA1YgDeN3I2V05HcTU1c28/view BugReport.capx

Description of Capx

Every 1-2 seconds to press the buttons one by one Timescale 1 and Timescale 0.

At some point, you'll see the helicopter.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 SP 1

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 r209 (beta)

• I can't seem to reliably reproduce any issue here in Chrome. I've made a change for the next build where it will stop stepping the physics world if the timescale is 0, so the amount of time spent with a 0 timescale should have no effect at all on the physics engine, just in case regularly stepping it with a dt of 0 is causing any kind of problem. I'm going to close this issue for now, please file a new report if you still have trouble after r210 comes out.

• ... r210 comes out.

I tested the same file on r210. The error remained.

• I'm not sure what to do about this, the physics engine is a big block of someone else's code and I've no idea how it ends up with those forces. Maybe apply less force depending on the timescale?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm not sure what to do about this, the physics engine is a big block of someone else's code and I've no idea how it ends up with those forces. Maybe apply less force depending on the timescale?

The source code I did not use any force. All calculated by the plugin.

This happens only when the timescale comes to 0 smoothly and at the moment of the collision objects.

Spinning platform is not affected. When a fixed platform the same thing happens.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)