Bug/Conflict between 2 applications

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Problem Description

I created two application and put them on my server. I'm using my two applications with chrome. My problem is that 2 applications use similar interface (layer and sometimes objects) and when I'm loading the first application and after the second, the interface is like mixed. I can solve this problem by cleaning the cache of chrome but I loose my data. How can I resolve this problem.

Attach a Capx

I can not post here my Capx for professional reasons but it you create an application with certain elements and to redo the same application by copying and modifying some elements and you will be able to see the bug.

Description of Capx

[...]

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Create application with 2 layers and buttons/inputs
    • Upload your application on a server
    • Create a second application (with a different name) by copying the contents of the first and add objects/move objects (don't change layers)
    • Upload your second application on a server
    • Start the first application
    • Start the second application

Observed Result

Bug with objects and interface like "black layer"

Expected Result

No mixed elements/interface between two differents applications

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Windows 10 64bits ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ 244 (64bits) ____

• Well, it's hard to tell what is going on without a capx, but I would suggest making sure that the project ID (the com.mycompany.myapp thing) is different between the two applications. Also, open up the .caproj file in each and make sure they have different <unique-id> elements.

• Yes, thank you I already thought about this but the name is different. It's very a strange bug, maybe it's not the reason but the background of the second layer can be black.

• Sorry, there is very little we can do without more information. Please see the bug report guidelines which describe specifically what to do if you don't want to share your project.

• Sorry, there is very little we can do without more information. Please see the bug report guidelines which describe specifically what to do if you don't want to share your project.

I cannot put my project here because it's a professionnal work. But if you want I can record a video of the bug ? But I think the bug come.

I think the bug comes from managing the layers backup in the browser cache. Because in both projects I have similar pages but on some with an additional layer. It is on these pages that when the two applications are loaded in the cache of the browser that the bug begins to occur (layer becomes black).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I cannot put my project here because it's a professionnal work.

The bug report guidelines tell you what to do in this situation.

• Ok I have delete a lot of stuff of my 2 projects. Can I send you these two projects using private message ?

I need to know as soon as devs if the problem could come from the fact that the backup slots between my two projects have the same name "sauvegarde". I just realized this now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)