Black box displays instead of Text.

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • Hello,

I am certain that I have found a bug. When I download .capx files from the web, or import Scirra's sample projects or even start a new project of my own that uses the Text object, the text never displays. Instead, a huge black box appears where the text should be.

I experience this issue in all the major browsers; IE (9 through to 11), Chrome, Firefox and Opera. I am running Windows 8.1 on a pretty awesome new PC. And I'm running Construct 2, Build 140.

I have used Steps recorder so that you can easily reproduce this issue, and this file is attached.

• Build r140 ? It's r163 ! Get the last stable and test again ...

• What the?! Oh my. I can't believe I didn't even think to check for updates. I just updated. Text is working just fine

• Joskin how do you know the build with the screen shot. great job buddie!!!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing, please follow the guidelines and only report bugs using the latest version of C2.

• I'd like to re-open this issue - We've been experiencing this mostly on FF/IE even on the latest c2.

I'm currently trying to play with the texture mode/opacity and try out a sprite-font as an alternative.

• I'd like to re-open this issue - We've been experiencing this mostly on FF/IE even on the latest c2.

I'm currently trying to play with the texture mode/opacity and try out a sprite-font as an alternative.

onearmfrog

This is a 2 year old closed bug report that apparently was resolved.

As it states HERE, please don't post in a closed bug report.

If you think you have an actual C2 software bug, then please post a new bug report, ensuring you follow all of the Bug Reporting Requirements.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)