Balloons disabled?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Everytime I start Construct it says that I will not receive error messages because the balloon notifications seem to be disabled.

I checked everywhere on my pc (win7u, 32bits) and using the policy editor msc all balloon policies are on and enable balloons.

What do I have to do for them to be detected by Construct 2?

• It seems to be checking that

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\EnableBalloonTips

is not zero. This is a check done by some library code, it's not something I've written. I could turn it off, but then again, are balloon tips working in Construct 2? Open the parameters dialog and type in some gibberish to make it give a syntax error, and it shows a balloon tip. If it doesn't show a balloon tip it's going to be pretty confusing, so I guess the warning should stay then.

• Sorry for late answer. I found a couple of .reg files that do the job of enabling and disabling balloons. As I said, the policy editor alone did not work, but applying this regs work fine.

Did not find how to attach files to this post so here are the text for both .reg files, justcopy to a text file and save as .reg file:

Enableballoons.reg

--------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

"TaskbarNoNotification"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"EnableBalloonTips"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"EnableBalloonTips"=-

DisableBalloons.reg

--------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

"TaskbarNoNotification"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"EnableBalloonTips"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"EnableBalloonTips"=-

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I keep getting that balloons disabled message too but I don't feel comfortable tinkering with the reg files. I've no idea what else they might effect on my computer. It was working just fine without showing that box until one of my last Construct 2 updates.

• I was getting the same message and did verify that the Enableballoons.reg file works.

I also verified that I am getting a balloon syntax error now when I type junk into a parameter.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)