Alt + Tab Crash

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42533148/MemMatchTutComplete.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. open Constrict 2

2. Alt + Tab

3. Message box Construct 2 game creator has stopped working. only happens on home page.

Observed result:

Program crashes with or without projects loaded. Its seem to only happen when you save older project within new build. It dose not happen when you make a new project and save it. Only happens when you save old project.

Expected result:

tab to other program

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes/no yes

Firefox: yes/no yes

Internet Explorer: yes/no

Operating system & service pack: Windows 8 64bit

Construct 2 version: Beta R135

• This could be related to odd crashes related to the Alt key. They aren't usually common enough to recreate though..

This is definitely recreatable though. I just confirmed it first try.

• It doesn't happen on a newly created project. It odd that it happens on the Start Page when no other projects opened. I seen it happen with a old saved project r134 and reopened and saved the project in r135. I will test the other PC for the same issue.

Edit: Happens on both computers.

Thanks,

John

• Just installed R135 and this reproduces for me as well which makes it pretty much unusable. Launch construct, press alt+tab and it crashes. Ashley any chance for a quick interim build to resolve the alt+tab issue?

• Same here, alt+tab = crash.

• Same issue here.

I am getting it even without having any project opened

• Actually, simply pressing alt causes C2 to crash even on start page.

Probably some issue with the recent changes on the UI library (keeping the folders, maybe the custom themes).

(win 7 - pro 64bits - SP1)

• same here...

• Oops - the change so that 'alt' stops snapping in the layout view accidentally assumes that a layout view is always visible. It shouldn't crash if you have a layout open, but it does crash if one isn't open. It's fixed in the next build.

I don't think we'll issue a quick fix for this. Builds can be pretty time consuming sometimes, and problems are to be expected in beta releases. If it's a big deal for you, roll back to r134 for the time being (or try to remember not to press alt :P)

• The alt key caused random crashes before all this, with more people pressing it more often we may see a lot more of that...

I popped back in here because I just pressed alt to see if the toggle bookmarks showed a hotkey in the event pane, and it crashed while editing Pucked.

• Yeah, I should add that I get this behavior on Windows 7 64bit and Windows 8 64bit as well.

• Was going nuts trying to find out why Construct was crashing. Mine crashes by just pressing Alt to voice chat. Glad to see it's fixed in the next build, though! :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Ashley,

Awaiting very eagerly a new build to fix this - almost a week now.

Please, be so kind to speed up the next build :-)

Huge thanks,

Greg

• Same issue here :(

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)