All games on IE now black

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
A classic pinball game with an interesting twist!
  • Problem Description

As of 2/7/15 ALL of the games that I have made using Construct 2 generate a black screen in Internet Explorer.

Attach a Capx

____ They are at googledrive.com/host/0BzGYmojxn3PwczRvc3p3QjhKakU/games.htm

Description of Capx

____ ALL games, capx is not relevant.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• tried any of 15 games (as posted above)
    • tried on 3 different computers using Windows 7 and 8.1
    • Step 3 etc.

Observed Result

____ Entirely black screen with no response

Expected Result

____ expected the game to play

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: no
    • FireFox: unk
    • Internet Explorer: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Windows 7 or 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using 195

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Update:

The same black screen appears on Firefox as well.

The games affected were developed using the 3 latest versions of Construct 2. They are at googledrive.com/host/0BzGYmojxn3PwczRvc3p3QjhKakU/games.htm

• this is most likely not a c2 bug.Try updating your graphics card as well as all windows updates and browsers are installed . also try turning webgl off as your card may be blacklisted

• This just happened to me as well. Exported multiple projects. Black screen on chrome.

• Digitizer

The games you link to work for me on IE11 and Firefox,.

• The games are fine now (1/9/15) but they were definitely not working over the weekend on multiple computers using IE and Windows 7 and 8.1.

I believe that concern is still warranted.

Why did the problem appear and why did it apparently spontaneously disappear with no action on my part??

• Your concern may still be warranted, but it still isn't a C2 bug. It's more likely an issue with your server.

• Just tested the first game on Chrome and IE11 and it worked fine.

If none of the games on Google Drive were working, the most likely explanation is that Google Drive had some kind of outage. Check the browser error console, or preview from within Construct 2, to check if this is the case.

• Should it happen in the future, I will do that. Thanks - all is working fine now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)