229 Check Failure when starting C2

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Problem Description

Upon starting C2, I receive a Check failure. If I hit Ignore and continuing starting C2, everything seems to be functioning properly. No changes occurred to C2 install/plugins/behaviors/etc. Removing 3rd-party plugins/behaviors/shaders from the C2 install didn't fix the issue. Rolling back to 227 solves the issue, but the strange part is I've been using 229 since its release and this issue just popped up today and is now consistently occurring upon starting C2, even with a completely clean install. I haven't updated any related software or my OS between last using C2 and when this issue started occuring.

Attach a Capx

N/A

Description of Capx

N/A

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Start C2

Observed Result

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

ACE table: expression does not specify one return flag - did you specify more than one, or forget it entirely?

Condition: return_flags == 1

File: c:\c2\source\exporters\html5\..\..\common\ERAHelpers.h

Line: 285

Function: void __cdecl era::ACETable::AddExpression(int,int,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,void (__cdecl *)(const class era::StaticResult **,int,class era::StaticEvaluation *))

Build: release 229 (64-bit) checked

Component: HTML5 exporter

(Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort Retry Ignore

Expected Result

No check failure

Affected Browsers

N/A

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 KB3163018 (OS Build 10586.420)

Construct 2 Version ID

r229

• This is always caused by buggy third party plugins. Closing, please check which third party addons you have installed.

• This is always caused by buggy third party plugins. Closing, please check which third party addons you have installed.

Ashley

As I mentioned in the OP, this is happening with a completely clean install. As in, uninstall C2, completely remove the C2 directory from Program Files, install C2. The error does not occur in r227.

*EDIT: It occurs in r228 as well. Again, this is a clean install, no 3rd-party plugins or effects anywhere near it.

• Plugins are also stored in your %appdata% folder. If any of the official addons caused this message, everybody would be seeing it, but only you are so it must be a third-party addon in %appdata% which you have not cleared.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Plugins are also stored in your %appdata% folder. If any of the official addons caused this message, everybody would be seeing it, but only you are so it must be a third-party addon in %appdata% which you have not cleared.

That will help narrow down the issue, thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)