[197] Jump-thru tilemap bug

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

A tilemap with the jumpthru behavior doesn't work the same way as if you were to create the same scenario out of tiled backgrounds. The platform object can fall through platforms and jump extremely high

The bug is caused when the player is on a tile of the platform and its collision box is also overlapping another tile of the platform above it

Attach a Capx

[attachment=2:2p5nnv0e][/attachment:2p5nnv0e]

Description of Capx

You can't climb the stack of tiles, but you can climb the stack of tiled backgrounds

(Arrows to move and jump)

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Place tiles of a tilemap with the jump-thru behavior above each other
    • Make a player object the same size of a tile

Observed Result

When the player is on a tile of the platform and its collision box is also overlapping another tile of the platform above it, the jump-thru behavior fails to work properly

[attachment=1:2p5nnv0e][/attachment:2p5nnv0e]

Expected Result

That a tilemap object works the same way as a tiled background

[attachment=0:2p5nnv0e][/attachment:2p5nnv0e]

Affected Browsers

Not relevant

Operating System and Service Pack

Not relevant

Construct 2 Version ID

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • They won't fix this, I brought this issue up in the past.

you can read ashley's response there.

I wish they would fix it though.

• Prominent Sometimes they fix stuff even though they said it would be impossible. A while back they would say tilemap zoom was impossible with the GUI of C2, and what you know, the latest version has tilemap zoom

• 7Soul , yeah.. Ashley never said it was impossible, just that is would be difficult. I got the impression they just didn't want to fix it. So perhaps they could be feeling differently now. Maybe they'll get nudged towards looking into it.

• Whatwith the recent additions to Tilemap, I'd say developers really need a polished plugin since people are going to be naturally pushed towards it based on what they see being updated; there are still functions that the feature lacks in general. For instance, this request: which none were interested in.

• Closing as duplicate of https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=116561. It seems the workaround is pretty easy, just use tiled backgrounds for jump-thrus, whereas fixing this would be difficult (the engine considers the entire tilemap to be a single object and treats it accordingly).

I don't remember ever saying tilemap zoom was impossible. Citation needed!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)