[144.2] Pathfinding memory leak problem

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dropbox.com/s/mhslnhtjfru29ln/pathfindingbug.capx

dropbox.com/s/65itx61d26hv06x/pathfindingbug142.capx

dropbox.com/s/fvfl63olfmhblhe/plugins.rar

Notes: you need to download the astar plugin, moveto and pathfinder behavior. (download above plugins.rar)

Steps to reproduce:

1.If you dont have those plugins mentioned download the plugins.rar and paste the content inside the respective directory in the exporters folder.

2. Download the capx and debug it, go to profile section to check the "attack, enemies & HUD" group CPU usage.

3. start to walk with the character with arrows or WASD

4. group will start to get very high cpu usage (will vary from 20 to 300%) and will freeze sometimes.

5. You can download the pathfindingbug142.capx to check the same events and condition saved in 142 version running smooth without any problem or freezes.

Observed result:

High cpu usage while walking with character, if you don't move, still the CPU usage is high and not correctly compared to 142 version for example.

Expected result:

Testing it in old versions like 142 (download the 142 version above) and olders it won't cause any freeze or have high CPU usages, this is a basic pathfinding with simple functions, in my official project it has a lot of other things implemented and still it runs smoothly in 142 version or older.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Firefox:

Internet Explorer: yes

Operating system & service pack:

Win7 64bit

Construct 2 version:

144.2 version beta

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Scirra won't fix this if is related to 3rd party plugin.

• Closing, as per the bug report guidelines we cannot accept bug reports depending on third party plugins. The problem could be caused by one of the third party plugins which we cannot provide support for. There have been no other reports of issues with the official Pathfinding behavior so far.

• I will when have some time try to recreate it using only official plugins then but still would be a good idea to check at last... the problem is occuring because of C2 not the plugins, that's why I made 2 versions of the same bug one saved in 142 and the other in the newest one, one works and the other one don't.

• You might remove pathfinder plugin and let's see if it doesn't leak.

• Did the same exame using only the official pathfinding and still it's appearing problems, check my new topic, thanks

scirra.com/forum/topic76140_post456125.html

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)