[R99]Copy+Paste bug

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Steps:

1 - Copyed an sprite with animations from one project.

2 - Pasted inside another project.

3 - This message appears:

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Calling AddBehaviorInstanceFor() when instance already has behavior instance

Condition: instances.find(&inst) == instances.end()

File: Projects\BehaviorType.cpp

Line: 170

Function: class BehaviorInstance *__cdecl BehaviorType::AddBehaviorInstanceFor(class ObjectInstance &)

Build: release 99 (64-bit) checked

Component: Construct 2 IDE

(Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort   Retry   Ignore   

Paste failed due to xml_exception during paste

Condition: false

File: Editors\CLayoutView.cpp

Line: 2777

Function: void __cdecl CLayoutView::DoPasteAt(class CPoint)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort   Retry   Ignore   

I can?t reproduce it with other sprite objects. The funny thing is that I?ve copyed and pasted another animation with the same number of frames and the same structure without problems.

• Steps:

1 - Copyed an sprite with animations from one project.

2 - Pasted inside another project.

3 - This message appears:

Calling AddBehaviorInstanceFor() when instance already has behavior instance

Condition: instances.find(&inst) == instances.end()

File: Projects\BehaviorType.cpp

Line: 170

Function: class BehaviorInstance *__cdecl BehaviorType::AddBehaviorInstanceFor(class ObjectInstance &)

Abort   Retry   Ignore   

Paste failed due to xml_exception during paste

Condition: false

File: Editors\CLayoutView.cpp

Line: 2777

Function: void __cdecl CLayoutView::DoPasteAt(class CPoint)

Abort   Retry   Ignore   

I can?t reproduce it with other sprite objects. The funny thing is that I?ve copyed and pasted another animation with the same number of frames and the same structure without problems.

• Can't reproduce: I can copy and paste the player from Space Blaster (which has animations and behaviors) and paste it in to a new project and it works just fine. Can you share your specific .capx and instructions on which object to copy and where?

• I�ve deleted everything, except the sprite and the error is still ocurring, hope this helps:

Note that even with the error message, the sprite is copied to the projects tab and can be used normally.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6813637/copy_sprite_from_here.capx

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6813637/paste_here.capx

• I'm missing the 'MoveTo' and 'EaseTween' behaviors. Can you reproduce the problem without having to use any third party addons?

• I�ve deleted all the instances of MoveTo and EaseTween from the project I�ve sent you, is there any other way to remove those from the project?

• The behaviors are still in 'paste_here.capx'. Make sure all objects using them have the behaviors removed, then save-as to a new .capx to ensure they are removed, and share that .capx.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Okdoc, I�ll do that later today ;]

• Any update?

• Hey, I�ve removed the behaviors from the paste_here file and now the copy and paste is working without errors ;]

dl.dropbox.com/u/6813637/paste_2.capx

• But that means the issue is not reproduced any more - it seems likely there is a bug here, the point is you must be able to reproduce it using official plugins and behaviors only to rule out mistakes in third party code causing the issue. Are you able to do that?

• Nope, I?m not able to reproduce the bug now that I?ve removed the third party plugins from the families in the paste.capx

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)