[r202] NWjs Open browser URL

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • Problem Description

Not really sure if this is a bug or not, so if someone could double check it, it would be great. But using NWjs Open browser doesn't seem to work for me.

If I preview it In Chrome or IE, it doesn't open the URL and no error is given, nothing happens.

In NWjs if I use a path like "C:\Users\" or an URL, I get the following error:

However in NWjs it does actually work in both cases. Even though it gives the error message.

Attach a Capx

Not really needed for testing.

Just add NWjs to a project and then use Open browser with an url.

Description of Capx

Just opens an url using NWjs open browser functionality

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Observed Result

Gives error message. However works in NWjs, but not Chrome or IE

Expected Result

That it didn't give an error message.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (Don't know)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

(And NWjs)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7

Construct 2 Version ID

r202

• Line 478 in node.js they create a stream as a global and because of strict mode it errors out.

edit : Just wanted to add that I've actually encountered this error a few times

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing, please always attach a .capx to every report, it is mandatory. I tried a quick test using the Browser object's 'Open URL in new window' and it worked in both Chrome and NW.js without any error appearing. I am guessing you did something different to me, which is why we always need your .capx.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)