[r167.2] Delayed sound on various Android phones

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Human/Character Base Pixel Art Sprites in various poses (nearly 100 files)
  • Problem Description

For HTML-5 games and also CocoonJS compiled games, sounds are significantly delayed (up to half a second) on the Samsung Galaxy S4 (tested myself) and the Galaxy Note S2 and up (tested by others), and perhaps other Android phones. This is using the Scirra recommended browser, Chrome. According to friends, it also happens in Firefox, but I have not yet tested this myself.

Test Application

http://www.scirra.com/labs/audioeffects/

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• 1. Go to Chrome on a Galaxy S4 and navigate to the test application at the address above.
    • 2. Play the short SFX1 and SFX2 sounds repeatedly and notice the consistent delay.

Observed Result

There is a definite delay in playing the sound as compared to a web browser on a laptop/desktop.

Expected Result

The sounds should play instantly as they do on a laptop/desktop browser.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome for Android: (YES)
    • FireFox for Android: (YES ?)

Construct 2 Version ID

r167.2

Notes

When using CocoonJS to export, the same delay happens. Everything else is accelerated (the game runs at 60 FPS), but the sound is delayed. I understand that this issue may be phone specific, but I wanted to bring this to your attention in case it wasn't already, with the hope that something can be done in the near future to make C2 exports compatible with these phones.

• Can't reproduce on a Nexus 5. If it happens on CocoonJS and other browsers, it is likely not a C2 problem but a delay in the Android OS audio stack, which we can't do anything about.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Getting this problem on all the android devices I've tried: Kindle 6, and LG Volt LS740. I guess this is a hardware issue with no construct fix?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)