[r160.2] No effects on NodeWebkit

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • Link to .capx file (required! If link is blocked remove the http and www parts):

dropbox.com/s/4606n91a7t5ebqt/nodewebkitnoeffects.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Put any sprite on layout

2. Put effects on it (I've put tint, swirl, sphere at least)

3. Run with Preview browser: Node-Webkit

Observed result:

No effects were applied.

Expected result:

Effects to be applied. In 160 it was working.

WebGL is on, on project settings.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: no

Firefox: no

Node-Webkit: yes

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 Ultimate

Construct 2 version:

[r160.2]

• Just tested on my PC, works fine here.

• I've tried the exported nw on OSX Mountain Lion, worked.

Also, I've removed 160.2, installed 160 again, copied node webkit folder from exporters/html5, installed 160.2 again and replaced the newer webkit folder with the older, then worked. Installed 160.2 again to update node webkit, not working again. No clue of what cause this here.

• Can't reproduce, works here - my best guess is you're just getting the canvas2d renderer instead of WebGL, perhaps because Chromium 32 has a newer driver blacklist. Check your graphics card drivers are up to date.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How do you get to about:flags in node webkit?

• I'm having the exact same issue w/ a new machine I've put together specifically to demo my C2 game. WebGL works fine everywhere outside of node-webkit. The card is an EVGA-branded nVidia GTX 750 Ti, and performs quite well outside of nw preview/export.

I'm sure it's not really a bug with C2, but some kind of workaround would be great.

*EDIT: Dropping d3dcompiler_43.dll into the same directory as nw.exe in the /exports folder seems to solve the issue during preview, at least temporarily.

Relevant GitHub post: http://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit/issues/185

• Is there some way to easily output (ie to a text object) that the game is using WebGL or not? I know it appears in the debugger - just curious if we can use that in our own debug strings for customer testing... Im having the same issue with some people reporting WebGL related issues (low FPS / no effects) on the Steam downloaded NodeWebkit version, while things work perfectly in Chrome / Firefox.

• - yes, look through the system expressions, renderer returns canvas2d or webgl. BTW please don't reply to closed bug reports, generally posts here will be ignored.

• Yikes, it just came up in a search, i didnt realize where it was posted. thx

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)