WebGL Effects change while scrolling

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Classic style beat'em up template. Punch & Kick foes across the screen.
  • I remember this issue too

I don't even use effects because of this and because the effects run differently on different devices.

Effects has a great potential but needs to be fixed for sure

• Anyone have a fix for this? I'm trying to use the hexagonalpixelate effect and it is change when scrolling.

• Anyone have a fix for this? I'm trying to use the hexagonalpixelate effect and it is change when scrolling.

The shaders still haven't been updated. More than 2 years later.

• > Anyone have a fix for this? I'm trying to use the hexagonalpixelate effect and it is change when scrolling.

>

The shaders still haven't been updated. More than 2 years later.

As expected. And it won't be fixed. Ever. The same way 48273453 other C2 things won't.

Funny fact - it all worked flawlessly in Construct Classic, around 5-6 years ago. Then again, CC had DirectX behind his back. So a lot of "new" stuff to WebGL are old news in DirectX.

More on topic - I remember finding an actual solution to this Warp problem. But I also remember it was very user-unfriendly and CPU intense. So I dropped it. It had something to do with putting an extra Effect BEFORE the Warp. The effect was there with all param's zero'ed, just for the sake of "being the first before Warp". Sadly, I cannot remember which effect that was. I am not even sure if it was one of default or some custom made. So if you have a spare day or two for experimenting - you might want to follow that lead/direction.

PS: about this "thing", that it soo complicated to fix - to call it gently, that is not true. Go and browse user-made, distortion Effects. Most of them doesn't have this issue.

• >

> > Anyone have a fix for this? I'm trying to use the hexagonalpixelate effect and it is change when scrolling.

> >

>

> The shaders still haven't been updated. More than 2 years later.

>

As expected. And it won't be fixed. Ever. The same way 48273453 other C2 things won't.

Funny fact - it all worked flawlessly in Construct Classic, around 5-6 years ago. Then again, CC had DirectX behind his back. So a lot of "new" stuff to WebGL are old news in DirectX.

More on topic - I remember finding an actual solution to this Warp problem. But I also remember it was very user-unfriendly and CPU intense. So I dropped it. It had something to do with putting an extra Effect BEFORE the Warp. The effect was there with all param's zero'ed, just for the sake of "being the first before Warp". Sadly, I cannot remember which effect that was. I am not even sure if it was one of default or some custom made. So if you have a spare day or two for experimenting - you might want to follow that lead/direction.

PS: about this "thing", that it soo complicated to fix - to call it gently, that is not true. Go and browse user-made, distortion Effects. Most of them doesn't have this issue.

There was a point where they worked properly in C2 as well, then something undocumented changed. There was also a point where they ignored timescale, and then, at some undocumented point, they didn't...shortly after I sent a video of it occurring in-game to Scirra. I'm sure that was just a coincidence though...

Anyways, I think a lot of these issues get dropped because of a fundamental misunderstanding of what more advanced, or at the very least more informed, C2 users want and need (a separate issue from listening to what beginners with no experience think they want), even though such people can be the biggest cheerleaders. It is what it is. There's a reason those who release bigger games end up moving on after using C2 for one, unfortunately. I think we'd all rather use an event-type system similar to what C2 uses over C#, but we're not developing the software, so.....yeah. ¯\_(?)_/¯

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There was a point where they worked properly in C2 as well, then something undocumented changed. There was also a point where they ignored timescale, and then, at some undocumented point, they didn't...shortly after I sent a video of it occurring in-game to Scirra. I'm sure that was just a coincidence though...

Anyways, I think a lot of these issues get dropped because of a fundamental misunderstanding of what more advanced, or at the very least more informed, C2 users want and need (a separate issue from listening to what beginners with no experience think they want), even though such people can be the biggest cheerleaders. It is what it is. There's a reason those who release bigger games end up moving on after using C2 for one, unfortunately. I think we'd all rather use an event-type system similar to what C2 uses over C#, but we're not developing the software, so.....yeah. ¯\_(?)_/¯

Hah! You won my heart with that " ¯\_(?)_/¯ "

And its hard to disagree, with everything you just said.

• AND after all these years, still not fixed. Are you kidding me C2 devs, have you bailed on C2 or what?

Your in engine effects are pointless lol, fix your engine please!

We pay for a product with many broken features, exactly how is that not a priority and how is that acceptable?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)