If a touch event is released over a text box, it will continue to detect Touch movements. Unfocusing the textbox has no effect.
Attach a Capx
Description of Capx
A text box, a button and the Touch plugin. While touch-dragging or mouse-dragging the textbox.text will change to reflect the general direction using touch acceleration.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- 1. Touch and drag across the top of the app. The textbox.text shows the direction.
- 1a. Release the touch while outside the textbox and move the mouse. The textbox stops showing direction.
- 2. Touch and drag from the top of the app into the textbox. The textbox.text shows direction.
- 2a. Release the touch while inside the textbox. The textbox.text continues to show direction.
- 3. Touch and drag while inside the textbox. The textbox.text shows the direction.
- 3a. Release the touch while outside the textbox and move the mouse. The textbox stops showing direction.
Touch is not releasing when the event ends inside a textbox.
The textbox should not continue to show touch movements when the mouse button/touch has been released.
- Chrome: (YES)
- Edge: (YES)
- Internet Explorer: (YES)
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 10 64x
Construct 2 Version ID
r216 / 64
This is essentially a reopening of this closed bug from 163-177. It appears to still not be fixed: w*w*w*.scirra.com/forum/textbox-will-not-unfocus-if-using-touch-object_t97848
I've also tried to switch focus to another object on the canvas and touch still detects movement.
Since there is no user options for Touch, there's not even a way to disable/enable touch to reset it. I've tried some textbox plugins and they all seem to suffer this same bug. I'm still very seriously considering purchasing Construct but I keep running into snags. If there's a workaround, I haven't found it and would appreciate any advice.