Steam Broken file association from Explorer launch

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Try to use your Autohotkey script with my autoinstaller copy.com/Pa7BVNoYUw4D

• Sorry for the terrible bump, figured it'd be better than opening a new one about it..

I purchased Construct 2 Personal Edition few days ago, and I'm encountering the same "open capx file" issue... While others reverted to using the non-steam edition, I can't do that, since I don't have a license file after purchasing it from Steam...

Any news about this issue?

• Sorry for the terrible bump, figured it'd be better than opening a new one about it..

I purchased Construct 2 Personal Edition few days ago, and I'm encountering the same "open capx file" issue... While others reverted to using the non-steam edition, I can't do that, since I don't have a license file after purchasing it from Steam...

There are a few work-a-rounds, but I don't see this issue being resolved by steam anytime soon. They pretty much said to me - they don't care.

I had endless issues with steam version over and above broken file association, and moved to the stand-alone version. Best thing that ever happened.

I also have since not purchased any software from steam based on my experience with them over issues. Games yes, software, never again.

• I also have since not purchased any software from steam based on my experience with them over issues. Games yes, software, never again.

If Construct 2 had a way to self-update then I wouldn't even use Steam for software, but it makes it easier than reinstalling it every time they update it. Although, I'm sure there is a workaround you just need to program something to connect Steam apps with Windows, so that you can set the extensions properly.

• > I also have since not purchased any software from steam based on my experience with them over issues. Games yes, software, never again.

>

If Construct 2 had a way to self-update then I wouldn't even use Steam for software, but it makes it easier than reinstalling it every time they update it. Although, I'm sure there is a workaround you just need to program something to connect Steam apps with Windows, so that you can set the extensions properly.

Problem with steam auto updates and getting the beta version of construct 2 (because the beta is awesome new features) is that you also HAVE to use the beta version of steam which is riddled with bugs and breaks all my other purchases too. Like game crashing etc.

I like to wind down at night with some multiplayer games with friends.

I went from constant C2 crashes via steam to ZERO in standalone. The time it takes to update the standalone is minimual to the hours of crashes I endured with steam.

Yeah, I really don't like steam with software.

Games, its awesome, software its knocking on hells door.

As for work arounds. There are always ways to get round issues, but most times they cause there own undersired results.

• How did you move to standalone? I didn't get any serial number... can I ask the scirra team for a license?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How did you move to standalone? I didn't get any serial number... can I ask the scirra team for a license?

Brought business license - using upgrade

• > How did you move to standalone? I didn't get any serial number... can I ask the scirra team for a license?

>

Brought business license - using upgrade

Thanks, I don't need a business license, I only need a proper license file for my steam purchase... :/

Try this fix 1drv.ms/u/s!ArcQccElXI4ygQEELBNRuMH3gfRz

or this 1drv.ms/u/s!ArcQccElXI4ygQJGvnIRgw3nKknk

• > Sorry for the terrible bump, figured it'd be better than opening a new one about it..

>

> I purchased Construct 2 Personal Edition few days ago, and I'm encountering the same "open capx file" issue... While others reverted to using the non-steam edition, I can't do that, since I don't have a license file after purchasing it from Steam...

>

> Any news about this issue?

>

Try this fix copy.com/0mTMVTrtizNn

or this copy.com/Pa7BVNoYUw4D

I know I'm very late to the party, but this was really annoying me! Thank you bug_fixer!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)