When trying to create elaborate levels in the C2 editor, you need to use "Parallax in editor" so that when you place sprites it will be an accurate representation of what you see when you play the game. If the layout has been scrolled at all, when placing an instance of a sprite on to a layer with parrallax, the sprite will disappear offscreen. The sprite is not placed where the mouse is, it is not taking into account the parallax. This problem is making it extremely difficult to make any game with parallax layers.
Description of Capx
A layout that is wide with the "Parallax in editor" property set to "Yes". There is a single circular sprite available.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Scroll the horizontal bar at the bottom of the C2 layout roughly 50% of the way
- Try placing the Sprite into the center of your screen
- Notice that the Sprite is not visible, it was not placed where your mouse was
- Keep scrolling the horizontal bar to the right in search of the sprite
- Once you've found the sprite, try dragging it to the center of the layout to where you originally tried placing it
The sprite that was placed on the layout, went off screen in the distance
I expected the sprite to take into account the parallax of the layer, and position the sprite exactly where my mouse was.
Or as Tokinsom puts it:
The object is appearing at your mouse + the parallax offset. Subtract parallax offset when placing instances with parallax preview enabled.
Construct 2 Version ID