Node-Webkit Mac menu is missing

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Problem Description

The last several updates have removed the Mac menus of the Node-Webkit exports. This means the only way to quit the application is to click the red gumdrop, toggling fullscreen also requires mouse hunting and the application can't be hidden at all.

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29241156/New.capx

Description of Capx

The capx is inconsequential but necessary for bug report submission. Please ignore.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Export project with the Node-Webkit option selected.
    • Step 2 Run the OS X application generated in step 1.
    • Step 3 Notice there is no menu and therefore shortcut keys don't work either.

Observed Result

The last several updates have removed the Mac menus of the Node-Webkit exports. This means the only way to quit the application is to click the red gumdrop, toggling fullscreen also requires mouse hunting and the application can't be hidden at all.

Expected Result

Menus.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO) No
    • FireFox: (YES/NO) No
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO) No

Operating System and Service Pack

OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks)

Construct 2 Version ID

r180

• What node-webkit options are you selecting when you export? Does changing them impact the issue at all?

We made no change for this apart from that on the Construct 2 side - I think it must be a change node-webkit have made in a recent update.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I tried the default export options, all 4 selected, none selected, single options selected and as several combinations thereof before giving up. Changes worth noting are that deselecting window frame hides the gumdrop (as it is part of the window frame) leaving the dock as the only way to quit, and selecting kiosk mode further requires forcing the application into the background via the application switcher or some other such override in order to access the dock in order to quit the application (cumbersome, to say the least.)

If the solution is out of your hands, (and I can't open my projects in previous releases of C2) would it at least be possible to get a legacy NW plugin as a stopgap measure?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)