Layers window and mouse wheel

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Problem description

This also happens in the free version of C3

the mouse wheel does not scroll in the layers window.

The layer window does not detect the scroll performed with the mouse wheel.

It is mandatory to scroll by clicking on the sidebar of the layers window.

Attach capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o51s8a7al85uqi2/layersWinMouse.capx?dl=0

Description capx

Only the separate layer window, reduced and with a number of layers so that you have to scroll through it and you can prove that the mouse wheel does not work in this window.

Steps to reproduce bug

Place the cursor in the layer window and scroll through it using the mouse wheel, you will notice that it does not work.

Operating system

win10 64

C2 version

259 64bits

• Can't reproduce here. The layers bar scrolls with the mouse wheel just fine. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit too.

• Do you have the configuration as in this gif?

See how the editor's tabs change when I turn the mouse wheel over the layer window.

Even if you select a layer and rotate the wheel, the rotation is directed to the editor's tabs, not to the layers window.

imgur.com/Td8FNz3

• Oh right, it only happens if the mouse is over an undocked scrollable layers pane which is itself over the expanded ribbon bar, which the mouse cursor is also over. In this case for some reason the wheel scrolls the ribbon beneath the layers bar instead of the layers bar itself. In all other cases it scrolls the layers bar normally. Unfortunately Construct's code is not at all involved in the dispatch or handling of mouse wheel events - it's entirely handled by either Windows or our UI library, so I'm afraid I don't think there's anything we can do to fix this. It seems a pretty niche case anyway - you can work around it by simply moving the layers bar off the ribbon.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I had not tried that to move the position window.

Of course it is a solution but I preferred to occupy that empty space.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)