Jumpthru tilemap bug

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

Trying to use a tilemap as jumpthru object sometime pushes the player sprite upwards, during platform behavior jump, when jumping from below the jumpthru tile. It does not happens to a jumpthru sprite.

Seems to be related to the size of sprite/tilemap collision box or maybe the framerate, cause it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

Attach a Capx

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23819129/tilemap_jumpthrough_bug.capx

Description of Capx

Has a tilemap with jumpthru behavior and a sprite with platform behavior.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Jump from below the tiles

Observed Result

Sometimes the player sprite gets pushed upwards, like the gif above shows

Expected Result

Just jump through.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

r214 64-bit/Steam

• In this way it doesn´t work. You have hundreds of blocks as a tilemap, but it is still one object... Better to use it with solid behavior plus some extra jumpthru platforms as sprites.

• I spent a while testing in Chrome, Firefox and Edge and I could never reproduce what the gif shows. Is there any way you can find to reproduce the issue more reliably?

• The one jump where you "glitch" through the whole stack of tiles you are very close to the left edge of the stack, I think you landet on the blocks to the left and jumped again.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It does happen. It happens to me on Chrome or NW.js.

Notice that the upper left block, the single one "flying", sometimes when I jump through it I go higher. It is like the jump gets a boost or extra jump sustain.

It also happens to me on the game Im working on. We have tables and beds and those objetcs are jumpthrough so you can walk over them. When jumping through them, sometimes you reach higher. Thats why I created this capx to show the bug.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)