Frames reordered and replaced after saving

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Match the similar cards with each other and free all animals!
  • Most likely related to this 2 year old bug (fixed in r100): https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=152&t=70936&p=598242#p598242

Frames of a sprite were replaced by other frames in the sprite after I rearranged them and then saved and previewed. I believe it must be associated with the bug fix from years ago?

• Opened up a sprite with frames of animation in it
    • Using the mouse I dragged the frames in the animation toolbar many times so that they would all become before/after other frames
    • Saved the capx
    • Previewed the game and noticed some of the frames were messed up and duplicated (I thought I had made some mistakes in my code)
    • Opened up the sprite again and noticed many of the frames of animation were moved/gone/replaced/duplicated

What the frames looked like before I saved (and after I remade the sprite):

What looked it looked like after I saved (the bug):

As you can see, after the bug occurred nearly all the frames had been rearranged into a different order and some of them had their image replaced by other frames.

• Can you come up with specific steps to reproduce? I'm not sure exactly what to do to reproduce the problem when you say "Using the mouse I dragged the frames in the animation toolbar many times so that they would all become before/after other frames". Also, please attach a .capx.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Something similar have just happened to me. I've changed animation name from "Default" to "Normal", duplica this animation and rename new one to "Destroyed". After closing Image Editor and saving project and then opening Image Editor again all frames in "Normal" animation are the same - my all 8 frames now look exactly like frame 0.

Edit: Look like it's only a visual bug in Image Editor. All frames are still on hard drive but using "Reload files from disk" is doing nothing in this case. On C2 r167.2

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)