Editing Text object Properties can cause C2 to crash

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • Problem Description

Editing Text object Properties can cause C2 to crash. Unfortunately I have no idea what causes it to happen or not happen, I just know it's happened a few times in my experience over the past year, causing me to learn to ensure I save the project before making edits to the Text object's Properties. I think I notice it especially happens after clicking/editing the "Font" Property in particular, such as by selecting a Font, Font style, and Size, clicking OK, and then having a crash. My only guess to any special case I have is that I have a lot of downloaded fonts on my system. Not hundreds, but a lot.

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wihvvgzzshwrvy/text.capx

Description of Capx

Has text object.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Add Text object.
    • Edit Text object Properties.

Observed Result

Crash.

Expected Result

Not crash.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: NO
    • FireFox: NO
    • Internet Explorer: NO

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 64-bit Latest.

Construct 2 Version ID

r241

• Yes, I am having a nightmare with this just now. I am working on a text heavy project and it is crashing several times an hour

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's very difficult to do anything without reliable steps to reproduce. Can you narrow it down at all? Also what exactly are you doing when you say "edit text object properties"? Please try to be as specific as possible.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)