Built MacOS App Crashes on Load

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The internet is bombarded daily with new apps (app is the short term for application)
  • A dumb question Ashley when you said "Then export with C2 and copy the files over to the Mac" means to run an Construct 2 export to NWJS or a regular Export to HTML5?

I meant an NW.js export. As a general rule, each export option only works with its intended platform.

• Have the same problem here, ASHLEY. And I don't have MacOS.

Is there some fix coming up on that issue on either C2 or NW side?

• Have the same problem here, ASHLEY. And I don't have MacOS.

This whole thread is about macOS. Are you having a different problem?

• Ashley, in short:

On my win7 PC I use standard C2's NW (v0.24.0) export options.

And MacOS version won't launch for MacOS users.

I don't have MacOS to export my game on it.

I emailed error logs and more detailed description to

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley, this workaround won't work for me.

I don't have a MacOS to export my game on it. Or do some file tweaks ( I'd use it right away, if i had the possibility )

Failure was reported by Steam moderators, when I tried to submit my build.

As for now I'm going to try and downgrade NW to 21.1 where those symlinks were not implemented. And exported game from C2 worked for MacOS with no additional workarounds.

Since my game is almost near release on Steam and there are no guarantees that this issue will be fixed.

• You should get a Mac to test on - you shouldn't publish to a platform without at least testing your game works on that platform!

• Ashley

Thanks so much for the deep dive.

Good news is if i download nwjs 23 on the mac, replace the Resources folder from the C2 Export, everything is gold, the app runs fine in OSX.

Bad news is, my steamworks SDK is in windows, so the minute i move the mac app back to windows for building / uploading to steamworks, it breaks the app.

Can you think of any way to get the app file back into windows safely while preserving the symlinks?

If not, I suppose I can look into setting up the steamworks sdk to build on the mac and just deal with windows permissions stuff from bringing the windows files over to mac then uploading on the mac.. have never tried that so its mostly just unexplored territory causing apprehension haha

How do you upload to steam from the SDK on a mac? I don't think run_build.dat works on OSX.

• Honestly I think the best thing to do is just do everything on the Mac if at all possible. Transferring files to Windows and back without losing special file permissions on the symlinks is difficult - I'm not sure if it's even possible, the two OSs treat symlinks differently.

How do you upload with the steam SDK from Mac? I can only run the content builder .bat file from windows.

• > Honestly I think the best thing to do is just do everything on the Mac if at all possible. Transferring files to Windows and back without losing special file permissions on the symlinks is difficult - I'm not sure if it's even possible, the two OSs treat symlinks differently.

>

How do you upload with the steam SDK from Mac? I can only run the content builder .bat file from windows.

Sorry for the delay but yeah the same commands the bat file is calling, you can run in terminal bascially the bat file is: establishing connection to steam then prepping the build upload based on the path to the script. I basically made an automator app that does the same thing on macos but even just typing it manually into terminal will work

• thank you, I'll try terminal!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)