Bug in Turret and LOS combination, then multitargeting

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

This is a bug.

In real time using the Turret and LOS combination Turret target mode incorrectly interpreted and not separately for each facility, and according to a certain sequence all at once (I'm guessing that every tick). This raises a major problem in the Turret no longer respond correctly to the target and not correctly using target mode.

The problem is bypassed through the "For Each" but then there is a problem elsewhere.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

There are several different ways to provoke this error. Try Turret and LOS combinations for multitargeting. Use solid walls. One of them: 0. Turret range = LOS range; LOS view - 360 1. The first target must be visible only for first Turret. 2. The first target must be behind the wall from the second Turret and not seeable for LOS. 3. The second target must be visible only for the second Turret. 4. All three steps must be performed one after the other. Better one time show, than 1000 times tell.

Observed Result

As soon as the second target becomes visible in the second Turret, LOS begins to "ignore" solid wall, because Turret target mode stops functioning correctly (or nearest, or fiurest, every time difference)

Expected Result

Turret and LOS combination - Turret target mode incorrectly interpreted and not separately for each facility, and according to a certain sequence all at once (I'm guessing that every tick).

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 7

Construct 2 Version ID

I try only 176 and 216.

*.capx here: holder.lt/capx/TurretAndLOS.capx

• There are several different ways to upload an example capx.

"Better one time show, than 1000 times tell."

• mcart

A .capx is required or the report will likely be closed automatically by Ashley.

Also, watch your language - this forum is used by many different age groups and profanity in any form is unacceptable.

[quote:341gvari]

I try only 176 and 216. Same s**t.

• *.capx here:

holder.lt/capx/TurretAndLOS.capx

• It seems I have found a simple solution, but I am not sure or do not miss anything.

Also in this * .capx file ( holder.lt/capx/TurretAndLOS2.capx ) i give two examples:

1. One example is working, and quite good.

2. On the other practically identical, but there is one bug, then start layout ...

Check the sound What goes on

• Friends, I have found a better solution. Improve decision making in the TurretAndLOS 2.capx and fix some issues. If someone interested, contact me.

In the meantime, we look forward to what the moderator said, and what will be their verdict on the bug.

• The solution I found and it seems to work:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Your example of not quite right ... If the test better, you'll see that adding more players, and moves with it on the screen, some of Turret start to shoot into the wall. If you try to get rid of the problem, you will see that the turret began gliching then try find target. Also you will see that when a player leaves behind a wall, turret sequence it anyway. But if you really try, and maybe circumvent possible failures.

But turret target mode work good ( I tried the following principle, but personally I refused, for reasons previously mentioned )

Do not forget about multitargeting.

• I don't really understand the .capx. If I just run it, nothing happens, and I'm not sure if that's the problem or if the problem only happens when I create some extra objects as the instructions say. Turret and LOS are designed to do different things: LOS takes in to account obstacles between the two objects, but Turret does not, so it might just be down to that misunderstanding. Can you make a simpler demo?

• Hi,

New *.capx here: holder.lt/capx/TurretAndLOS3.capx

Maybe I wander with logic. But if you look to events shit, you will see WORKING AND NOT WORKING EXAMPLES, with some Differences. (In working example you add "foreach").

Construct 2 not show any alerts, as there is no reason. But do Turret working correctly?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)