Audio playbacktime busted when "from sounds"

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
100+ Musical High Quality Sound Effects for your game!
  • Problem Description

I want to track the playbacktime of an audio track when playing from the sounds folder. However it's super unrealiable compared to the music folder that's always on point. Also playbackrate gives off horrible results when playing "from music". Even when the source track is placed in the music folder, it sounds much better, and shows more flexibility when choosing "from sounds" in the playback options.

Currently this forces me to choose between precise audio tracking with bad quality and playbackrate, or amazing audio quality with untrackable playbacktime. That won't do for a rhythm game that wants to take advantage of speeding and slowing down the audio source!

Attach a Capx

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1n4Fd ... sp=sharing

Description of Capx

Contains a sample of audio with debug info that easily lets you verify that the playbacktime's inconsistent when playing from the sounds folder. Do note however when you enable the "from music" action it's on point even when looped.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Press up arrow to start the track
    • Press left and right to change playback rates. See it giving inconsistent results compared to the actual track.
    • Let the track loop and see that the audio playbacktime just goes into obilivion when "from sounds".

Observed Result

Playbacktime's busted and can't be relied upon when playing "from sounds".

Expected Result

It should be on point with what I'm hearing from the source track.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (Actually it works here...)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 SP1

Construct 2 Version ID

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)