[REQUEST/EXAMPLE] Per instance collision filtering

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Per Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (perfect performance, no third party plugins)
  • No global solid on/off controlling in what i tried to do. Because thats the cullpritt.

Just using a jumptrough that is not gooing to the bottom, jumping the enemys on it automatical.

Player had to press up key allready to acces the stairs, just extending that.

Yes player jumps against the solids, sorry i hurt his head.

Yeah, that's why we need Ashley to confirm that he understands exactly what is needed and whether or not it's possible to implement or if we'll have to always rely on community hacked behaviour files to do this properly.

• Zebbi You want to ignore specific solids with the platform behavior right?

Construct classic had this feature and it had ignore list actions.

I made an example of what you want here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 8541791130

The example I posted requires construct classic to open. Is this the type of feature you want in construct 2?

• Zebbi You want to ignore specific solids with the platform behavior right?

Construct classic had this feature and it had ignore list actions.

I made an example of what you want here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 8541791130

The example I posted requires construct classic to open. Is this the type of feature you want in construct 2?

Yeah, because this way, when any character is under the stairs or I randomly decide for a NPC to not go upstairs (to add variety) I can just add and remove them to and from an ignore list. This would be clearly the simplest way of getting this working.

• This would for sure be a great official feature!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This would for sure be a great official feature!

It certainly would be since Ashley isn't too impressed with official plugin modifications!

• Omg! I had a project with difforent layers, I wanted lower layers to be cancelled for the player that is moving around, yet stay active for lower layers that enemies are walking around on.

I'm example. Player layer=3 blocks layer=3 set solid. Blocks <layer 3 set solid disabled (enemies then walk wherever on their layer)

Summery: a disable solid instance for a set variable/layer

So multiple layers can have difforent objects to avoid.

I can make a 2d 3d game if this was implimented!

It could also solve the stair case issue...or whatever

• Omg! I had a project with difforent layers, I wanted lower layers to be cancelled for the player that is moving around, yet stay active for lower layers that enemies are walking around on.

I'm example. Player layer=3 blocks layer=3 set solid. Blocks <layer 3 set solid disabled (enemies then walk wherever on their layer)

Summery: a disable solid instance for a set variable/layer

So multiple layers can have difforent objects to avoid.

I can make a 2d 3d game if this was implimented!

It could also solve the stair case issue...or whatever

The only problem with all these is that you'd need to have different layers and duplicates of the stairs for every instance of an enemy or every group of enemies if that was your thing. It would just be sooooo much easier if he'd let us disable reacting to solids for whichever instance or group or collective of objects we want to, but Ashley hasn't even let on how hard this actually be to implement, he just doesn't seem to want the default movements hacking.

• I need this feature. Please. ˆˆ

• Ashley any ideas?

• This would be extremely useful. Shame it was supported in C1 but isn't in C2.

• Shame we're getting web editors instead of selective solids.

• I agree, this feature would be incredibly useful !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)