Which is the best software to export for Android?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Hi,

I wanted to export my game for Android.

Could you all suggest me the best export software available for Android.

I really need to know it, it is for a school submission due this Friday.

Thank You.

• In my experience using cocoonjs as export is much better and convenient. It gives better performance. You can check my game for reference

Link : - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jj

• In my experience using cocoonjs as export is much better and convenient. It gives better performance. You can check my game for reference

Link : - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jj

I would agree, but Crosswalk is also a nice one too if you want to take that route. I use Crosswalk for my games and don't experience much of an issue in performance on most devices, but it's a known fact that CocoonJS performs better.

• Hi,

Now the export option for "CocoonJS" is not there in C2, so how do I export for it and then finally through which software do I get an apk? Is it through Ludei?

Thanks.

• I would recommend you to use Intel XDK (Crosswalk). Way better that CocoonJS

• > In my experience using cocoonjs as export is much better and convenient. It gives better performance. You can check my game for reference

> Link : - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jj

>

I would agree, but Crosswalk is also a nice one too if you want to take that route. I use Crosswalk for my games and don't experience much of an issue in performance on most devices, but it's a known fact that CocoonJS performs better.

Yea Totally ! I will definitely try to use Crosswalk in my next game though

• Hi,

Now the export option for "CocoonJS" is not there in C2, so how do I export for it and then finally through which software do I get an apk? Is it through Ludei?

Thanks.

The latest versions of Construct 2 hides anything related to CocoonJS by default. If you want to still get access to these features, you can do so by specifying to “show deprecated exports/plugins” by right clicking in both the Construct 2 export options and the Construct 2 plugins respectively.

And regarding apk , you can get it from compiling your project in Ludei's website.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would recommend you to use Intel XDK (Crosswalk). Way better that CocoonJS

I used Intel XDK through Crosswalk only. But my apk size and the installed size on my phone was too big.

Game Project is 4.2 mb

apk is 20 mb

installed game is 55 mb

Thanks, I got through Phonegap. Now my apk size is 4 mb and installed game on the phone is 5 mb.

• > Hi,

>

> Now the export option for "CocoonJS" is not there in C2, so how do I export for it and then finally through which software do I get an apk? Is it through Ludei?

>

> Thanks.

>

The latest versions of Construct 2 hides anything related to CocoonJS by default. If you want to still get access to these features, you can do so by specifying to “show deprecated exports/plugins” by right clicking in both the Construct 2 export options and the Construct 2 plugins respectively.

And regarding apk , you can get it from compiling your project in Ludei's website.

Thanks, I did not know that you could do that. But I exported it for Phonegap. And its working fine. Although there seems to be a difference between the game when I run it on my phone and my tablet. It seems to lag a little bit on the tablet. There is no reason for the game to lag on the tablet as it has sufficient space and ram. Maybe I will try once with Intel XDK and see if the difference is still there.

• Anyone knows if CocoonJS or PhoneGap supports Ajax and XML?

• Actually the best option and Scirra's recomendation is Intel XDK, but the apk size is huge (16mb>).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)