view problems

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template for top-down view games)
  • yes thank you so much

• LittleStain can you explain how this works?

I seem to be having problems understanding how the offset works

when I adjust the position and size of the view object it doesn't seem to offset the camera

• I made the offset based on the project you provided, so if you change the positions you should adjust the offset..

I'm not on my pc now, so I can't have a look, but if you know what you changed you should be able to change the pixels of the offset accordingly..

• well the project you gave me seems to use a set values to clamp the view

It does however seem to resize correctly but I can't confirm it 100%

I have tried messing around with the values and changing them to variables but I can't seem to get it right

Edit: this is what I've been trying to make work

• Scrolling to player.x,player.y would put the player in the center of the view..

the offset you need is the amount the center of "your view" is from the center of the view..

the clamping should be done by comparing the boundingbox of "your view" with the sides of the layout..

• the offset you need is the amount the center of "your view" is from the center of the view..

how do I get the middle of the built in view?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • LittleStain

Something like this?

http://imgur.com/c7dn9ut

if so what am I doing wrong?

Edit LittleStain can you show me a diagram of of what you mean?

I feel like I don't understand

clamp(player.X-20,10,LayoutWidth-view.Width+10)[/code:14tnn8ns]
    as far as I can see the 20 could either be the offset of the hud(not view) or the view split into 3rds
    and the 10 could either be the offset of the hud split into half or or the view split into 6ths?
  • Scrolling to player.x,player.y would put the player in the center of the view..

the offset you need is the amount the center of "your view" is from the center of the view..

ok so I think I found out what you mean by this however

the clamping should be done by comparing the boundingbox of "your view" with the sides of the layout..

This I need a diagram to understand

• For Anybody wondering I figured it out you can see the camera code here

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)