*SOLVED* I'm trying to make a simple dialog script.

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for a generic save / load system, fully documented in comments and video
  • Hello everyone! Short introduction, I'm Yoel, 19 years old, and I've done Pokémon fan game developing in RPG Maker XP since I was 13. My background is strictly graphic/visual, so no coding for me. RPG Maker has given me a fair introduction to events, though.

So yeah!

I want to move forward and create an RPG app; something that might seem pretty impossible for someone who's new to the software. I've got the walking animations (kinda) down and I want to move forward to step two now: dialogue boxes.

So here's what I've tried:

I have an invisible sprite (txtbox_0) that's anchored to the bottom of the screen. When I tap a sign, NPC or whatever, that sprite spawns a text box (txtbox_1). I still can't really seem to find a simple way to spawn text for individual objects, though.

Is there anyone who can help me with this? Thanks a lot in advance.

• Hey Yoel,

I had this example for a popup/dialog function. Maybe it'll help you get to a solution.

[attachment=0:38n2jfjb][/attachment:38n2jfjb]

If you still need help on this, please, just let me know.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is perfect! Thanks a bunch, I'm definitely checking this out. Thanks for taking the time to reply, it's very much appeciated.

• You're welcome.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)