Positional Sound, struggling to get it to work right.

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose whether the shown equation is right or wrong.
  • Hi all,

I'm having some issues with Positional Sound.

Little bit of info; I'm doing a game in portrait 1080x1920. The top(ish) part of the screen will be a zone map; so showing things like trees, streams, fires etc, so fairly zoomed out.

As it's more of a zoomed out view, I only want the directional sound of the object played in when the player sprite is almost on top of it (so play when overlapping isn't an option as it will be too late when the sprites overlap), and fading to silent when moving a little bit away from. Hearing the fire from the other side of the "map" sounds stupid, but for the love of me I can't work out the settings to what I'm trying to do.

Is anyone able to just give me a nudge in the right direction? It's very likely i'm not understanding the parameters of play at object. I've read the manual and can't see anything in there, i've also looked at the position audio capx, copied sound at object settings too and it's just not working as i'd like.

Thanks for at least reading my rambling!

[updated] https://www.dropbox.com/s/djqkat95phbg8 ... .capx?dl=0

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'll try to give it a look tomorrow, but for now, have you set the listener object to the player?

• I'll try to give it a look tomorrow, but for now, have you set the listener object to the player?

Thanks, and that's first thing on the event sheet

• I've updated the capx to give more of a visual clue as to what i'm trying to achieve. I'm almost certain i'm getting the variables wrong.

So anything outside the red circle shouldn't be heard at all.

Once you pass the red circle to in-between the red and green you should now start to hear the fire.

Once you pass the green circle the fire should be playing at normal sound

https://www.dropbox.com/s/djqkat95phbg8 ... .capx?dl=0

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)