Layout confusion

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • I have a super nob question which pretty confusing me..

I did read the manual but still cant imagine the difference between these:

Difference between:

1. Layout Properties: Layout size

2. Project Properties: Windows size

3. how about layout properties: margin

Is that the layout equal to the display size? and windows refer to the work space of the project?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • same with me

• same with me

Guess we really need someone to answer it. So far what I'd noticed from most of sample they're all same value in setting. But appreciate some sifu can answer for us.

• 1. Layout Properties: Layout size - Size of let's called this "area" where your game happens - think of it as a level size

2. Project Properties: Windows size - Size of your game window. How big, in pixels your game will be on preview and after export. For example 1280x720 pixels means that your game window in browser,mobile or desktop will have 1280 pixels wide and 720 pixels tall.

3. how about layout properties: margin - it's just a "free space" outside the layout in layout editor. make yourself a layout of size 400x400 and set margins to 0,0 - try pan around layout editor with Middle mouse button (or holding spacebar). Then set margins to 1000,1000, pan around, and see the difference.

• 1. Layout Properties: Layout size - Size of let's called this "area" where your game happens - think of it as a level size

2. Project Properties: Windows size - Size of your game window. How big, in pixels your game will be on preview and after export. For example 1280x720 pixels means that your game window in browser,mobile or desktop will have 1280 pixels wide and 720 pixels tall.

3. how about layout properties: margin - it's just a "free space" outside the layout in layout editor. make yourself a layout of size 400x400 and set margins to 0,0 - try pan around layout editor with Middle mouse button (or holding spacebar). Then set margins to 1000,1000, pan around, and see the difference.

oohh.. now i'm understand

• Hardty, can u tell explain what u understand???

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)