I need Touch positioning with zoom but it's broken!

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Hello,

I have two layers; "main" and "overlay."

"main" is scaled 200, but "overlay" isn't.

I created an event that sets a ball sprite's position to "touch.x" and "touch.y" on touch, but for some reason the ball's position is drawn to the center of the screen.

Even if I try touch.absolutex and touch.absolutey, it still doesn't work right

Why is this broken? I really need this function.

• It's not broken. You can open a paranthesis after touch.x and include which layer you are representing the position in, like:

touch.x("Gameplay") - using the layer name

or

touch.x(2) - using the layer order number.

Fiddle with this idea, search the forums and you shall find what you seek young padawan

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:ui38y5vp]X

Y

XAt(index)

YAt(index)

XForID(id)

YForID(id)

Return the current position of a touch in layout co-ordinates. It changes to reflect scrolling and scaling. However, if an individual layer has been scrolled, scaled or rotated, these expressions do not take that in to account - for that case, use the layer versions below. The At expressions can return the position of any touch given its zero-based index, and the ForID expressions return the position of a touch with a specific ID.

X("layer")

Y("layer")

XAt(index, "layer")

YAt(index, "layer")

XForID(id, "layer")

YForID(id, "layer")

Return the current position of a touch in layout co-ordinates, with scrolling, scaling and rotation taken in to account for the given layer. The layer can be identified either by a string of its name or its zero-based index (e.g. Touch.X(0)). The At expressions can return the position of any touch on a layer given its zero-based index, and the ForID expressions return the position of a touch with a specific ID.

From the manual article about the Touch plugin.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)