How do I use physics only for my player

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hello,

I'm working on a game when the player is just a circle who can jump between platforms. My problem is my player with the physics behavior go through the solid objects (my platforms).

It is possible change that or I need to use the platforms behavior ? Even when I add the solid behavior it still fall through the platforms.

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It would probably be best to just use the platform behavior. You kind-of have to make the entire game physics based if you want to go in that direction instead (not just the player).

• Ok so what is my best option ? The behavior is simple, when the user click a force is added on the player and he move in the direction of the click. Just that. It's not a real jump, just a force added in a direction.

• Ok so what is my best option ?

I think you should better use the platform behaviour.

when the user click a force is added on the player and he move in the direction of the click.

I don't know if I got it correctly, if you want the player to move towards the position of the click, try this:

Event ->Touch -> Is in touch -> (Action) PlayerObject -> Move dt*100 at angle (Player.X, Player.Y, Touch.X, Touch.Y)

You can change the "dt*100" expression to change the speed of the move

• Anyway, there are many free demo templates (.capx files), I´m sure you can find something helpful.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)