How do I upload game to Newgrounds / Kongregate

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
You can upload screenshots and photos to your server very easily.
  • When I upload this game either in Newgrounds or Kongregate, in every case im getting red numbers in the loader (as in the screenshot). I was able to upload the game in Kongregate, via iframe, but that option is not present in Newgrounds.

I zip all the files with the index.html in the root, and upload to the site. But this happen every time. And its only with this game, I was able to upload another game made in Construct 2 without problem. What needs to be done?

Thanks!

• Bring up the debug-console (F12 in Chrome) to see what error messages are being pumped out.

• Bring up the debug-console (F12 in Chrome) to see what error messages are being pumped out.

Hi, thanks for answer! Where in debug mode are displayed the errors?

I just played the entire game without seen any error message.

Thanks!

• I'm not clear what the problems is. Is it just that the loading is giving a red progress and then the game plays fine?

• I'm not clear what the problems is. Is it just that the loading is giving a red progress and then the game plays fine?

I'll explain with more details. The game works fine from my site and from Dropbox, you can see it here: http://www.centerplay.com/day-of-the-purple-smurfs

But when I upload to sites like Kongregate or Newgrounds (following the instructions in each case), THIS PARTICULAR GAME gives this error (the numbers turning red) and the game never start (i have uploaded others games with no problem)

Im using the same html5 files for Dropbox, Centerplay, Kongregate and Newgrounds, and I have this problem in Kongregate and Newgrounds only.

The game dont show any errors in debug mode

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just tried this on Kongregate and didn't see any red numbers, and it plays fine.

Edit: when I say debug-console I mean run the game on Newgrounds in Chrome and press F12.

• I just tried this on Kongregate and didn't see any red numbers, and it plays fine.

Yes, It was uploaded vía iframe option. The file upload gimme the problem im refering.

Newgrounds does not have an iframe option, so i am unable to upload to that site.

• Edit: when I say debug-console I mean run the game on Newgrounds in Chrome and press F12.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, i see! I will try that right now! Thanks!

• Hey! That was really useful. I think the problem is caused by a image call araña and its not working for the ñ character (spanish character). I will try renaming that image and see what happens!

Edit: when I say debug-console I mean run the game on Newgrounds in Chrome and press F12.

YES! The problem was that araña thing. Bad ñ. Thanks a lot, blackhornet!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)