How do I set desktop game to not fullscreen?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • In project options I turned on full screen. Result: mobile and non-mobile are full screen.

But I wish to set non-mobile to not-full screen.

I have tried the browser object and: if on mobile (inverted) > browser object: cancel full screen.

But that doesn't work.

The other way around (detect if mobile is used and only set mobile to full screen gives unwanted stretched zoomed in result, on my mobile), so that's why I am asking it like this.

• The other way around (detect if mobile is used and only set mobile to full screen gives unwanted stretched zoomed in result, on my mobile), so that's why I am asking it like this.

What full screen option are you using in the browser object's request fullscreen action?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sounds like you're taking it the wrong way.

Set the project property "Fullscreen" to off.

So by default no device will be fullscreen. inside the boundaries of the browser the game is executed in.

Be sure to add a browser object to your fullscreen and on start of layout test if you are on mobile device. If so, then require fullscreen from the browser object.

• > The other way around (detect if mobile is used and only set mobile to full screen gives unwanted stretched zoomed in result, on my mobile), so that's why I am asking it like this.

>

What full screen option are you using in the browser object's request fullscreen action?

Hi Kyatric, thanks for your reply. Yes I just tried that again.

Here is my result and answer to LittleStain:

Sorry for my late reply.

I have tried them all.

All request full screen options are full screen on my android mobile (that's good), but also zoomed in, so only the center area is visible of the layout.

I have also just tried the following:

• create a new project
    • resolution 200, 320
    • full screen off (project property)
    • on any touch, request browser full screen (tried all 6 full screen options)

Result: browser ok (in a frame). On mobile: same "problem": fullscreen, but very much zoomed in. Only the center and/or upper part of the screen is visible.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug or a feature wish?

(my mobile is using android 4+ and I am using Chrome mobile)

• That is very unexpected..

Do you perhaps have old events scaling the layout and/or layers you forgot to turn off?

Did you change the settings of your chrome browser on your mobile (zoom) ?

• Old events? No, I also experience it in a new (almost empty) project.

I just checked my mobile chrome browser: zoom option is turned off. It makes no difference if I use the mobile or desktop view and I just deleted the browser cache & coocies, closed all open tabs and restarted the phone.

Should I file a bug report?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)