How do I make sidescrolling parallax

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Set of 10 Parallax Background to make pixel art game.
  • Hello,

I'm new to C2 and gave myself the challenge of building a platformer before buying a license.

So here is my doubt:

I have 4 layers (can't add more unfortunately ) : Background (blue sky + mountains), HillsBack, HillsFront and Main(for the objects,platform,etc)

I'd like to know how to make the game side scroll, so far I've manage to side scroll only the sky. But at the same time I'd like to maintain a parallax effect . I can do both separately but not at the same time. Here's a picture to illustrate:

prntscr. com/71m8m4 (without space)

Also to avoid a future post, can I build my game freely and export it to ios (once I have a license) without worrying with compatibility,resolution issues,etc?

Cheers

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • infinite scrolling with parallax you need to do a calculation to compensate for the scroll speed being different. then you you need to move it to the nearest multiple of 512 (assuming your tile is 512).

• here's a thread where I mostly talk to myself.. I don't think any was understanding what I wanted to do...

but you are probably not using an unbound layout, but still you will need the calculation for scrolling parallax.

also set in On Start of Layout: Layout Scale to 0.25...it really helps to see what is happening when you run it...

• Thanks for the quick answer. But wow it's waye more complicated than I thought

I took a look at your .capx but it's no quite that as my game is a platformer (If you ever played mr jump for ios/android, that is the result I'm aiming for).

then you you need to move it to the nearest multiple of 512 (assuming your tile is 512).

Can you explain this part please?

Thanks

• sorry I was assuming you were using tiled backgrounds...

it all depends on how you set it up. i.e. if your player is moving past the background, opposed to having the background move past the player simulating player movement.

• set layout to 0,0

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)