How do I make platform edges different..

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • Hi,

On an endless runner game. How would I make the edges and everything below the top platforms different to the top platform the player is on.

(Randomly generated platform)

Basically I am trying to figure out how to make the edges and everything below the top platform different to one another so they don't look the same. As the top platform I am using has snow on it. And i want the ones below (depending on the height of the platform) to just be rock. As well as the corners of every randomly generated platform to be a 'corner platform.

• I'm not sure I understand what you want, but, if I get it right, you could solve it using 9-patches for playtforms instead of tiled backgrounds...

• I'm not sure I understand what you want, but, if I get it right, you could solve it using 9-patches for playtforms instead of tiled backgrounds...

Using the endless runner template. I have just basically replaced the Block they have used with my own. But mine has snow on the top, which is then repeating below it.. because its just repeating the image of the Block i have used. But is there a way i can make the corners of each platform a different block. Along with then making the blocks below the top onces (with the snow) a different Block as well

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So, 9-Patch is what you want. Substitute the Tiled Background Block for a 9-Patch.

• So, 9-Patch is what you want. Substitute the Tiled Background Block for a 9-Patch.

Okay cool thank you! I will look into it

• Here's how it works...

https://www.scirra.com/manual/151/9-patch

You'll have to make an image that has a center piece that is tilable (or stretchable) and set the margins of the edge (top, bottom, left and right).

Something like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebnmh526kjren ... .capx?dl=0

Hope this helps. Cheers!

• Here's how it works...

https://www.scirra.com/manual/151/9-patch

You'll have to make an image that has a center piece that is tilable (or stretchable) and set the margins of the edge (top, bottom, left and right).

Something like this: dropbox.com/s/ebnmh526kjren ... .capx?dl=0

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Works perfectly exactly what i wanted! Thank you.

I have one issue though with replacing the blocks. Is there a quick way to replace everything in the events sheet with something else. I tried right clicking and replace object but that only shows the tiled background.. Probably me being new to it and i am missing something. Also tried replacing everything in the events sheet individually with"Ground" for this case. As i want to just replace "Block" with "Ground" everywhere.

• As far as I know, you can't, which is very annoying, since it's such a basic feature...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)