How do I make my own tilemap from tiles?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Piano tiles
$9.99 USD
Template for a piano tiles game, fully documented in comments and video
  • I'm using tiles from the Open Bundle, which someone AWESOMELY linked me to earlier, and...

I will give an example. Each tile from the tile folder from the Platformer Pack is 70x70. Is there a way I can turn the entire folder into a tilemap, or at least force a grid to be 70x70 in Paint.net or GraphicsGale or something, so that I can import it easier?

• I'm using tiles from the Open Bundle, which someone AWESOMELY linked me to earlier, and...

I will give an example. Each tile from the tile folder from the Platformer Pack is 70x70. Is there a way I can turn the entire folder into a tilemap, or at least force a grid to be 70x70 in Paint.net or GraphicsGale or something, so that I can import it easier?

It may sound very dumb but I use C2 itself to assemble them, I'll explain:

1/Create a new project, set the layer transparency to Yes, and insert the browser object

2/drag n drop all the tiles in C2 at once, it'll be one unique sprite, put it outside the visible part of the layout

3/create 1 variable global: TilePerRow (which is the number of tile you want on one row at most)

4/Set the window size to the size of the tilemap you want at the end, and set the fullscreen in browser to Off

5/add an event on start of layout> Repeat Sprite.AnimationFrameCount ;

system >Create object Sprite at position

X:(Sprite.width*(loopindex%TilePerRow) + Sprite.width/2)

Y:(Sprite.height*int(loopindex/TilePerRow) + Sprite.height/2)

Sprite: Set frame to loopindex

System>snapshot canvas

and another event: On canvas snapshot: Browser, invoke download SnapshotCanvas , name it "Tilemap.png"

Preview, and wait for it to be downloaded, congratulations, you have sucessfully managed to do it, the tilemap is normally in you download folder.

Should work easily

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • that's brilliant... I always cursed as I manually stitched it all together via phot0shop. This is a very good idea

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)