How do I make copies of enemy act independetly?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Give Sound to the enemies that are part of your game! :)
  • Hello,

I'm trying to make a metrovania/platform game with several enemies of the same type. The problem is that they all shoot at the same time, and if I have one is looking for the right, all of them shoot in the same direction

Right now I'm comparing the position of the enemy with the player's, and if I don't kill one of the enemies behind me, all others will shot to the wrong side...

I've seen a lot of similar questions but none seemed to answer the question completely. already tried instance variable and for each, but they didn't work

• Instance variables and for each do make instances individual.

Share your project, you must be doing something the wrong way.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Construct 2 is all about instance picking. I had the same problem with my side scrolling space shooter. All my basic orange enemies fired at the same time. I had to figure out how to get Construct 2 to pick them individually. It wasn't easy and I finally had to settle for what looked right. I ended up using a choose random on screen loop.

As for the firing the wrong way.. that sound like more of a bullet behavior issue. Make sure the speed is positive value for left-to-right and a negative for right-to-left.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)