How do I make behavior for each tilemap case?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Enchanted Forest & Cave 16x16 Tilemap with Environment Sprites
  • Hello !

I am trying tilemap system and I would like to know if it's possible to use each tilemap's case as object type? For example, make a case solid, an other one jump-thru etc...

Thank you for your help !

• No, you use Tilemap as background.

For everything else create Sprites.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can also use multiple tilemaps as layers. So using Terraria as an example, have a background image to represent whats behond the earth. Then have a tilemap that has solid objects with an extra layer below that for pickable objects, and maybe another tilemap that has jump-thru. You can quite quickly build complex interactive levels this way.

• You can also use multiple tilemaps as layers. So using Terraria as an example, have a background image to represent whats behond the earth. Then have a tilemap that has solid objects with an extra layer below that for pickable objects, and maybe another tilemap that has jump-thru. You can quite quickly build complex interactive levels this way.

Thats a great idea actually !

Vuuv I was thinking about something like RPG Maker, but now I got how it works !

Thank you !

• I also tried it, but sooner or later i got problems, when my objects needed different instance variables etc. So I decided to stay away from Tilemap object.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)