How do I keep track of my ammo and make it visible on press?

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Hi,

I am having trouble having my fireballs show up when I shoot them using button press. I can either get it to shoot but have an unlimited amount or have the counter go down but have no fireball shooting out. I want the amount of shots left to be tracked along with the HUD movement. I tried looking through the tutorials and older questions that were similar but none of them are working.

Apologies ahead of time if i'm not making sense. I'm confused on what i'm doing wrong too ><

Please and thank you,

Zareth

Edit: Before when it was shooting, it wouldn't shoot in the direction the player faces. When I fixed that, the above problem happened.

• Without a capx we can only guess with you.

Sounds like you have something set that only allows it to fire at a certain angle and your fireball count is tied to that which is causing the problem.

Post a capx or the event sheet events and we can look at it.

• http s:// drive.google.com /file/d/ 0B1hoUna7B-o0aF9ydHpYYjdPSjQ/ view?usp=sharing

That's the link to my capx file. It needs to work on r184 as that's the version being used for my class. I hope that link works.

Edit: Will that work? I put in some spaces to separate it.

• drive.google.com/file/d/0B1hoUn ... sp=sharing

That's the link to my capx file. It needs to work on r184 as that's the version being used for my class. I hope that link works.

Nope your link doesn't work because you are new member.

You can separate the link with spaces and maybe that will work.

• Updated the post with spaces between the links. I hope it's okay that it's a zip file.

• Updated the post with spaces between the links. I hope it's okay that it's a zip file.

OK I got your CAPX and looked it over and here is the fixed capx:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm9tlxhdw7wnz02/Tresure%20Hunt%20Fireball%20Fixed.capx?dl=0

You had two problems:

You were creating the object fireball at 0,0 which is off your screen so it did not show up and I changed that to Spawn object on your player and I added an image point 1 to all your player animations so the fireball will always spawn just slightly in front of the player.

You were not keeping track of your ammo and you were counting fireballs so I changed it to subtract 1 from ammo and now it stops when 6 ammo have been used.

Hope that helps!

• Thank you. I've been stuck on figuring out what I was doing wrong for almost two weeks. ><

• Thank you. I've been stuck on figuring out what I was doing wrong for almost two weeks. ><

You are very welcome!

Looks like it will be a fun game to play and looking forward to seeing the completed project in the arcade.

• Completed game will take longer. This one is just the single stage for assignment purposes. I plan to change the sprites and such for a more completed version.

• Sorry to bother some more but having trouble making a version that's playable without the program installed. I wanted to show it off to my friends. Figured I would ask here instead of a new topic.

• Sorry to bother some more but having trouble making a version that's playable without the program installed. I wanted to show it off to my friends. Figured I would ask here instead of a new topic.

You can export it as a playable NW.js file.

That will give you versions for apple, Unix and windows 32 or 64 bit so they can be played on any PC.

• I need to buy construct 2 for that to work?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I need to buy construct 2 for that to work?

Click on the export button on top of layout. You should see at the bottom Desktop NW.js.

I think that is included with the free version but I could be wrong?

• Nope...not working with the free version. Just double and triple checked. Guess I'll just have to have them play it on my computer when they come over.

Thanks for all your help.

• You can upload to the Scirra arcade in the free version right?

Export it to scirra arcade and upload to the arcade and share that link with your friends.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)